The project is based on the renewal of the "Cascina corte grande", a complex of five agricoultural buildings currently unused, located in a quaint village of South-East Milan: Viboldone.
The farm consists of five buildings placed to form a court: a manor house, whose construction dates from the late eighteenth century; three buildings to form the barn, built between the second half of 'nineteenth and early twentieth century, and a building, located south and used for storage and garage, built in the late nineteenth.
The customer requested several uses for the complex:
- Center for Biological cultures, or herbal
- Museum and Historical Archive of the local hystory
- Specialized library on place's prerogatives, both in culture and the art of dyeing wool, and for the rotting of agricultural engineering, mills, etc..
- Convention Centre for monastic history and spirituality
- Museum activity for temporary installations, bookshop, bar and restaurant.
The placement of functions into the different buildings is based on the specific characteristics and needs of each function. The project also includes free entrance to the court to allow the free use of green central court and acces to the dining center.
Status: School Project
Location: Viboldone, IT