Project Architect - Corporate Hangar, Westchester County Airport
• Led team to successfully obtain LEED Platinum Certification for corporate hangar
• In charge of the renovation of an existing 55,000 sq. ft. building (four aircraft hangar, two floors of offices, passenger lounge & maintenance shops) from concept to construction.
• Managed team of consultants to ensure maximum credits for LEED certification process and completed 6 credit submissions.
• Liaison between design team and client’s consultants, including construction manager, environmental consultants, hangar door consultant, wind turbine manufacturer, PV manufacturer, LEED consultant, security consultant and technology consultant.
• Unique features include three wind turbines, 12,000 sq. ft. of thin-film photovoltaics, 8000 sq. ft. of vegetative roof tray system, day-lighting skylight system, rain harvest tank and high performance glazed aluminum curtain wall.
• Worked long hours to ensure condensed 6-month construction schedule was met.
Location: Westchester County Airport