see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
2004 – 2012 PRATIKA CONSTRUTORA LTDA- Founder/CEO Vitoria, ES - Brazil
Pratika Construtora is a boutique construction and renovation firm created to provide clients with custom services. Under this corporation, Pratika Projetos and Pratika Manutencoes LTDA were founded.
• Managed the completion of more than 80 commercial and 30 residential projects. The single highest residential real value project was over $6 million, required 18 months of construction scheduling, LEED certification and supervision of over 130 workers
• Pratika Consturtora had a 75% customer retention and 80% of new customers were provided through referral, leading to low marketing costs
• Led the company to increase its revenue by 150% in the first two years and maintained a 30% to 40% annually for 6 years
• Created a school for illiterate employees, and sponsored trade education to help expand skill sets and increase company efficiency
2005 – 2012 PRATIKA PROJETOS LTDA– Founder/ Senior Partner
Pratika Projetos was an architectural office built as a compliment to Pratika Construtora with design projects such as: electrical, structural, and plumbing.
• Created this company to offer 100% of all construction services within the offices of Pratika Construtora and guarantee customer satisfaction for the entirety of the construction project(s)
• Reduced project and client costs by keeping all construction services in house, in turn increasing profits by 20%
• Increased efficiency for Pratika Construtora by reducing turnaround time and retaining control over scheduling
• After its first year, 60% of projects were directly contracted through Pratika Construtora clients and through its success 40% came from non-related construction companies seeking our expertise
2006 – 2012 PRATIKA MANUTENCOES LTDA – Founder/ CEO
Pratika Manutencoes was a maintenance company created to support the parent company Pratika Construtora by providing customers with ongoing services. This was the first company in the region to offer annual scheduled engineered maintenance services.
• Increased revenue in an underserved and relevant market by providing additional work for part time employees of Pratika Construtora, in turn reducing labor costs
• Expanded services to loyal customers of the parent company to increase profits overall, which allowed Pratika Construtora to have a lead over the competition.
• Provided more affordable price packages to customers who used the construction and/or architectural services
2003 – 2004 AGATA CONSTRUTORA –Junior Partner/ Project Manager Vitoria, ES- Brazil
Agata Construtora is a construction company that is focused on catering to a client’s individual design aesthetics in a cost effective way that is affordable to the average consumer
• A one year multi investor development project consisting of design, construction, marketing, and selling of a luxury multifamily apartment complex containing sixteen four bedroom units. Due to clear and precise market research, all units were sold prior to the completion with a price 25% above the target market value.
• Construction and Project manager of the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) luxury ocean front residence in the region, which resulted in an increased market value of 30 % above the similar non LEED projects. This result encouraged me to pursue more education on the LEED segment and open a new market for my own company Pratika Construtora.
2001 – 2003 RS CONSTRUTORA -Field engineer/ Quality Project Manager Vitoria, ES – Brazil
RS Construtora is the largest construction company in Vitoria, ES and focused on quality and high luxury construction
• Provided planning, direction, and coordination for all technical activities while achieving optimum use of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities
• Administered personnel functions including recruiting, hiring, review and approval of job descriptions and salary classifications, selection and placement of personnel, performance evaluations, and salary adjustments
• Planned and established engineering schedules and followed up on their performance in comparison to the estimates
• Planning, coordination and control of a project from inception to completion aimed at meeting a client’s requirements in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project that will be completed on time within authorized cost and to the required quality standards.
1999 – 2000 BANCO DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DO ESTADO DO ESPIRITO SANTO- Trainee Vitoria, ES – Brazil
The Development Bank of Espirito Santo (BANDES) is a public institution, whose business is to provide financial solutions and strategies for the sustainable development of Espirito Santo.
• Performed credit analysis of developmental projects with a range of credit solutions, where entrepreneurs could rely on credit lines to generate employment, income and competitiveness for the economy and hence for the development of the State
• Worked on a team to generate over $12 million in loans
1996 – 1999 CAIXA ECONOMICA FEDEREAL-Trainee Vitoria, ES – Brazil
Caixa Economica Federal (CEF) is the Brazilian federal savings bank and the country's second largest public bank in terms of assets.
• Performed credit analysis on real estate developments projects, mortgage notes, and housing loans. Also, credit risk management, collateral management, and wealth management.
• Assisted with the restructure of loans given such as: decisions on cost, allocation of financial resources, making credit proposals for analysis and analyzing decisions on the cost and allocation of financial resources being requested for construction companies
1994– 1996 MORAR CONSTRUTORA – Trainee - Vitoria, ES – Brazil
One of the four largest construction companies in Vitoria, ES, focused on low-income housing.
• Worked on a two year project geared toward public housing development and rehabilitation projects
• Prepared budgets, developed schedule plans and performed tasks using critical path method
• Responsible for cost controls and evaluating, selecting and hiring contractors and company employees, while reviewing all sub-contractors progress payment requests for acceptance
• Worked with key personnel and government agencies for the planning and construction of the project
• 2014 - Fordham University, Graduate School of Business – MBA Candidate in Finance and Management
New York, NY
• 2003 - Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Centro Tecnologico- Bachelor of Architecture
Vitoria, ES- Brazil
• 2001 - Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Centro Tecnologico Bachelor of Civil Engineer
Vitoria, ES – Brazil
2005-2012: Legion of Goodwill, Volunteer/pro bono, Construction Manager for the state of Espirito Santo
2002-2012: CREA, Federal Association for Civil Engineers, Member
• Civil Engineering Software: AutoCAD, familiar with MicroStation, SAP 2000, Primavera, Microsoft Project
• Engineering Hydrology Software: HEC-RAS, Storm CAD, FlowMaster, WaterCAD
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Fluent in Portuguese, English, and conversational Spanish
• Tri athlete competitor for 6 year
• Black belt in Brazilian Jiu jitsu
Pratika Projetos Ltda, Vitoria, ES, Founder/ Senior partner
Founder and Senior Partner of a Architectural office initially created to design complementary projects to Pratika Construtora customers. One year after its creation, Pratika Projetos ltda started to accept clients who were not related to Pratika Construtora.
Pratika Manuntenoes Ltda, Vitoria, ES, CEO/ Founder
Pratika Manutencoes was a maintenance company created to offer Pratika Construtora clients a scheduled and customized engineering maintenance services.
Pratika Construtora Ltda, Vitoria, ES, CEO/ Founder
CEO and Founder of a boutique construction company. Provided customized construction to an exclusive clientele that appreciates quality, on budget, and on schedule constructions.
Agata Construtora, Vitoria, ES, Project Manager/ junior partner
• A one year multi investor development project consisting of design, construction, marketing, and selling of a luxury multifamily apartment complex containing sixteen four bedroom units and Construction and Project manager of the first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) luxury ocean front residence in the region.
RS Construtora Ltda, Vitoria, ES, Field engineer/ Quality Project Manager
Planning, coordination and control of a hotel project from inception to completion..
Fordham University, New York, NY, US, Masters, MBA
Executive Mba with a dual degree in Management and Finance.
Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Vitoria, ES, Bachelors, BS in Architeture
Bachelor in Architecture A broad of courses including writing, design, graphics, computer applications, art history, mathematics, physics, structural systems, and building and materials construction.
Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo, Vitoria, ES, Bachelors, BS in Civil Engineering
Bachelor in Civil Engineering courses from planning and execution of the designs from transportation, site development, hydraulic, environmental, structural and geotechnical. Also courses on business risk, and business administration focused on drafting and reviewing contracts, evaluating logistical operations, and monitoring prices of supplies.