I am a trained architectural designer and project manager with experience in all facets of the design and construction industry, from concept to punch list. I have worked in San Francisco, Bolivia and New York on projects including didactic expositions, architectural installations, residential renovations, and even a bar/yoga studio. Not only do I have experience taking drawing sets through Board Approval and the Department of Buildings, but I have also written grant proposals, contracts, and protocols for job accounting.
Currently, I am a Master's in City Planning candidate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. I am interested in applying my design/build background to large-scale planning efforts. Ultimately, I hope to apply public participation and analytical processes to create strategies that develop social and physical infrastructure for communities. I am particularly interested in municipal waste streams and seeking opportunities to make those systems more legible to increase ecological awareness.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, US, Research Assistant
Research projects for the Leventhal Professor of Urban Design and Planning.
Caliper Studio, Brooklyn, NY, US, Architectural Designer
Artistic License Interiors, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Manager, Office Manager, Accounts Manager
- Responsible for design drawings and construction documents for residential, commercial, & hospitality projects
- Led client meetings and establishment of expectations
- Drafted DOB construction drawings and specifications
- Managed expediter through Building Alteration Approval, LPC and DOB Assisted with bidding of construction proposals and drafting of contrac
- Assisted with management of construction projects [residences in Tribeca, Upper West Side and Williamsburg; hospitality projects in Tribeca and Morgantown; and offices in Williamsburg and Midtown]
- Developed new company protocols to manage profitability of construction projects
- Maintained company’s accounting via Quickbooks and PEM Software
HB Collaborative, Brooklyn, NY, US, Apprentice
- Assisted in design development of Aldo pop-up exhibit, Plant-in City exhibition and An Choi’s bar
- Developed and assisted in fabrication of custom millwork storage prototypes
- Assisted in fabrication of furniture from salvaged wood and welded steel
Vass Design, Cochabamba, BO, Junior Architect
- Designed and drafted technical drawings for residential, commercial and fabrication projects
- Managed construction of pro bono projects, including children’s home and children’s theater
- Managed art expositions, including chair exhibition at Fundación Simón I. Patiño
Case+Abst Architects, San Francisco, CA, US, Junior Architect
- Drafted technical drawings for institutional and residential projects
- Developed website and marketing graphics for firm
- Built digital and analog models for design studies
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, Teaching Assistant
- Led design projects to mentor architectural interest of high school students
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, US, Masters, Master in City Planning
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
I graduated cum laude from the Bachelor of Architecture program with a five year accredited professional degree. During my studies, I studied abroad in Mexico and at the American Institute of Roman Culture in Roma, Italia. I also minored in Sustainable Environments which focuses on concerns for ecology, social equity and economics within the context of human and natural systems and the built environment.
Ben Franklin High School, New Orleans, LA, US, High School, General Education