see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Throughout my five years of architectural education, I’ve worked rigorously to hone my skills in preparation for a successful future as a professional. All of my life experiences have attributed to my passion for this profession, from growing up in New York City, to attending Architecture School at the University of Miami (Coral Gables), to studying abroad in Rome & St. Petersburg, and every experience in between. These opportunities have allowed me to develop a unique skill set, possessing adept computer skills in Auto CAD, Revit, Google SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator, in addition to in depth hand drafting, sketching & water color abilities. These skills set me apart as a young professional; my ability to quickly sketch my ideas on paper enables me to communicate my design more effectively. Through combining varying media, I am able to present my designs in a dynamic way. As a Print Journalism Minor, I was able to gain experience in layout design & journalistic writing, having the opportunity to write articles for my school newspaper, The Hurricane. With a Certificate in Historic Preservation, which served as an additional minor, I have extensive knowledge in the field of preservation, restoration & rehabilitation. I am also a certified LEED Green Associate, eager to become more involved in Green Design, with the hope to become a LEED A.P. in the near future.
For additional information & examples of my work, please take a look at my website, listed below.
Ferguson & Shamamian Architects, LLP, New York, NY, US, Junior Architect
Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, New York, NY, US, Summer Intern
• Joined Newark Prudential project team to compose book to present to the Newark, NJ, Historic Board for approval for the new Prudential Insurance Offices in Newark, NJ; heavy focus on InDesign.
• Created Site Elevations using CAD, used Illustrator to create elevation & site studies, Adobe PhotoShop & Illustrator work on renderings & site studies for use in book.
Reiach & Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, Intern
• Worked for 2 weeks as an intern at Reiach and Hall Architecture Firm in Edinburgh, Scotland.
• Designed a modern interpretation of a typical English beach hut using Google SketchUp & created a final presentation using PhotoShop to present to the firm.
• Visited a live architectural site, gained knowledge on the construction process.
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
Graduated from the University of Miami School of Architecture with a Bachelor of Architecture, a Minor in Print Journalism & a Certificate of Historic Preservation.
Honors & Awards:
School of Architecture Undergraduate Outstanding Design Award: Awarded to an outstanding graduating student who has demonstrated dedication to academic excellence in design.
Gamma Sigma Alpha, National Greek Honors Society: through Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority.
President’s Honor Roll | Fall 2012
Provost’s Honor Roll | Fall 2011, Summer 1 2009, Spring 2009
Dean’s List | Spring 2013, Spring 2012, Fall 2009
University of Miami Rome Studies Program, Rome, Italy, Rome Program
• Selected to participate in the S.O.A. Rome Study Abroad Program.
• Developed site sketching skills as well as water color & freehand drawing skills while living in the Historic Center of Rome & traveling through Italy.
• Semester GPA: 4.0