ELBY M. TINEO
142 New York Avenue, Bergenfield, NJ 07621 (201) 385-7955 Email: email@example.com
Over fifteen years of senior level experience in the construction industry. A Team leader who enjoys new challenges and assumes increasing responsibilities. Completed over $100 million worth of projects with full responsibility for cost, progress meetings, client satisfaction and proven track record of completing projects on time.
6-08 to 7-10 The LiRo Group New York, NY – Construction Manager
• Responsible to provide construction management services for New York City Housing Authority at Ocean Bay, Far Rockaway. Project consisted of 31 buildings divided into 14 contracts. The work was completed in 31 buildings as follows: Construct a Day Care Center, renovated a Senior Center this consisted of new foundation, general construction, HVAC system, new plumbing and electrical system including security system (4 contracts), renovated facades and lobbies in 7 buildings (2 contracts), Exterior Masonry rehabilitation for 20 buildings (1 contract), Constructed 2 second means of egress stair towers per buildings at 4 buildings ( 2 contracts), Electrical Rehabilitation for 31 buildings exterior, lobbies and new electrical work at 4 stair towers (1 contract), Replaced Roofs at 11 buildings (3 contracts) and renovated 64 apartments at 4 buildings (1 contract).
• My duties included supervision of field personal which consisted of field inspectors, safety engineer and quality control, review and approved contractors requisition, assured schedules was being kept as per monthly schedules, review shop drawings submittal before submitting to NYCHA architects for approval, coordinate field conditions and problems with NYCHA architects and engineers, prepared cost estimates for change orders, submittal of change orders package to NYCHA including contractor’s detailed estimate, prepared and submitted monthly reports to owner.
2007 to 6-2008 LOCKHEED MARTIN TSS New York, NY – Construction Manager
• Responsible for providing construction management services for Lockheed Martin. Project was a homeland security project for MTA-CC, which consisted of new construction and renovations of locations such as: the MTAPD Central C3 Facility in Long Island City, LIRR Regional security center in Jamaica, 3 communications rooms at Grand Central Terminal for Metro North Rail Road and 3 communications rooms at Penn Station for LIRR/Amtrak. These projects involved civil, electrical, HVAC, plumbing and communication systems.
• My duties include ensuring work was being performed as per contract and specifications, reviewed requests for payment by the contractor, updated progress schedules, prepared invoices for LM to submit to MTA for payment for work performed at all facilities, quality assurance observances, site safety, identified additional scopes of work and prepared request for proposals for additional work orders, onsite subcontractor coordination, weekly meetings with client and subcontractors, coordinated/facilitating testing and electrical equipment in a construction environment, as well as ensuring that contractor adheres to the schedule in order to meet contractually defined Beneficial Use commitment dates.
Elby M. Tineo (Page 2 of 3)
1997 to 2006 GIBRALTAR CONTRACTING CORP. Bronx, NY. Project Manager
• Provided Project Management for a contract to Upgrade Euclid Avenue Station for A.D.A. Accessibility (installation of elevators) for the largest mass transportation authority in the world The New York City Transit Authority a contract for approximately eight million dollars. An additional $450,000.00 in change orders was added to the contract.
• Preparation of contract documents with scope of work for all trades, monthly requisition. Reviewed and negotiated change orders.
• Prepare project coordination, schedule and review shop drawings. Prepared, submit all shop drawings for approval, prepared, and negotiated change orders. Coordinate all work for quality assurance and safety. Maintained project cost data to date.
• Created project schedule, with monthly updates, coordinated all Sub-Contractors
• A Structural Rehabilitation/Water Remedy contract was completed 6 months ahead of schedule for The New York City Transit Authority. Completing this contract six months ahead of scheduled. An additional $200,000.00 of work was completed as change order. This Project consisted of Structural Steel Rehabilitation, Concrete Repairs, Chemical Grout etc..
• A total of two commercial establishments were converted into Medical offices for Bronx Lebanon Hospital. Construction consisted of total rehabilitation of a garage into medical offices, which included New Drywalls, New Foundation, New Structural Rehabilitation, Nw Mechanical and Electrical Equipment. An additional $600,000.00 of work was completed as change order.
1994- 1997 STURDY CONCRETE CORP., Queens Village, NY. - Project Manager
• Prepared Payment Requisitions, project coordination, review shop drawings, and prepared all submittals and change orders negotiation, measured and kept quantities of approved work by engineers for payment as it was a unit contract, conducted quality assurances.
• Created project schedule, monthly schedules updates, coordinated Sub-Contractors, directed and supervised all field personnel.
• Completed and provided project management for a $20 million Water Remedy Contract for The New York City Transit Authority, which consisted of Structural Steel Rehabilitation, Concrete Repairs, Chemical Grout, drains rehabilitation etc. Completed and closed out project providing As-Built drawings and records drawings. Project was completed seven months ahead of schedule.
1984 - 1994 CRESCENT CONTRACTING CORP., Bronx, New York Project Manager/Superintendent
• Prepared bid estimates for upcoming public projects with a range from 1 million to $25 million, prepared Payment Requisitions, prepared and negotiated change order, subcontractor selection, purchased equipment and material required for project.
• Created project scheduling, coordinated sub-contractors, projects, directed and supervised field personnel.
Elby M. Tineo (Page 3 of 3)
• Provided project management, project supervision and coordination of all trades for several contracts, which consisted of Rehabilitation of Pump Rooms, Fan Chambers, Compressor Rooms and Line Equipment for the New York City Transit Authority
• Managed projects from contract award to project close out. Projects ranged from $5 to $20 million for The NYC Transit and The Department of Environmental Protection.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY B.S. Civil Engineering 1988
NEW YORK CITY TECHNICAL COLLEGE A.A.S. Construction Technology 1979
American Society for Quality
American Society of Safety Engineers
OSHA – 30 hours safety - Construction Safety and Health
Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, MS Project).
The LiRo Group, New York, NY, Construction Manager
Responsible to provide construction management services for New York City Housing Authority at Ocean Bay, Far Rockaway. Project consisted of 31 buildings divided into 14 contracts.
LOCKHEED MARTIN TSS, New York, NY, US, Construction Manager
Responsible for providing construction management services for Lockheed Martin. Project was a homeland security project for MTA-CC, which consisted of new construction and renovations of several locations.
GIBRALTAR CONTRACTING CORP., Bronx, NY., Project Manager
Provided Project Management for several contracts private and city contracts.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark Heights, NJ, US, Bachelors, Engineering Technology