With 13 years of experience and a variety of projects and roles, my versatility allows me to join a project at any point and bring it to a successful completion. The primary focus of my experience has been corporate commercial; however, I also have restaurant, civic, and hospitality experience.
Early in my career, I was exposed to the construction side of the design process providing construction document and administration services for projects like Discount Tire Corporate Headquarters and Caldwell & Ober Attorneys at Law. For the last 6 years, I have provided full design services, including the role of point of contact through construction administration, for clients including Countrywide Home Loans and the City of Surprise, Arizona. I am capable of designing, documenting and managing a complete project, or working within a team utilizing which ever talent is required for successful completion.
My project approach is about satisfying the client by keeping on task without losing sight of the bottom line. Team management requires strong planning and communication. With the diversity of project roles, I am not just capable to complete a task; I am also able to lead a team through the task. I enjoy teaching others about the knowledge I have gained throughout the years and welcome the position of leader, teacher and mentor.
Arizpe, Interior Designer
• Designing and managing 2 renovation projects for Texas A&M University. 10,000 SF at West Campus Library and 23,000 SF at Medical Sciences Library
• Construction documents: take completed design development drawings and create full set of construction documents in AutoCAD R2010. Documents included plans, elevations, sections and details for renovation of 15,000 SF administrative facility.
• Lead designer for full design process for the interior planning of new construction administrative building. Interiors primarily comprised of movable walls. Participated in team visioning session, design development and construction documents.
• Lead designer for the renovation of Arizpe's office. Planned interior layout including selection and layout of furniture, selection of finishes.
• Project Manager for new construction of 2,800 SF administrative building. Managed entire team of disciplines, met with client and lead programming meeting. In addition to leading the team management, I participated in document production. Created and managed a work plan tied to financial reporting.
JCJ Architecture, Interior Designer
• Lead Interior Designer. Prepared presentations using AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite. Created finish boxes displaying finish selections.
• Feasibility Study for interim detention facility.
• Construction Documents in Revit 2009 including plans and elevations.
• Marketing proposal preparation using Adobe InDesign including creating and developing project sheets and layouts for RFQs and RFPs
BBG-BBGM, Senior Interior Designer
Project Manager. Managed work plan coordinating through Principal-in-charge. Responsible for reviewing and approving invoices for the projects managed.
Lead Interior Designer. Working with Host Hotels, visited White Plains to view room scenes and meet with Sheraton design staff. Developed design requirements for renovations of 500 key hotel including lobby, restaurant, and guest rooms.
Gensler, Interior Designer
Lead Interior Designer for two new construction projects for the City of Surprise, Arizona including a 96,000 SF Public Safety Facility with Municipal Court, Police Department, Fire Administration and Broadcasting Station. The second building was the City Hall, a 4-story, 126,000 SF building with 14 departments.
Construction document production and furniture specification for Scottsdale Center for Dentistry. This facility is primarily focused on continuing education for dentists with a state-of-the-art conferencing facility, a mock office space called "the dental spa" and a practical lab space.
AECOM (DMJM H&N), Interior Designer
McCarthy Nordburg, Interior Designer
Goodmans (Herman Miller Dealership), Designer
Indiana University, Bachelors, Interior Designer
Began studying Business with the intent to obtain a degree in Marketing.
Change studies at the beginning of my third year to Interior Design