I am a young professional who is currently in the process of relocating to New York City to further my professional career within the Real Estate Development market.
I joined the property industry in 2009, after completing a Bachelor of Construction Management and Property from the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
During this time, I developed my project management skills through my involvement in complex projects within the Education and Housing sectors working for McLachlan Lister, a Sydney based consultancy firm, which is owned by Hill International.
I have experience in the areas of design management, tender management, consultant coordination and management, approvals management and contract administration. I am a reliable, enthusiastic and adaptable individual with a sound work ethic and strong focus on developing ongoing business relationships.
I have recently completed a Masters of Property Development at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. I achieved a distinction average with a core focus on development and investment. Throughout the duration of the degree, I project managed and consulted on a number of projects within the residential, commercial and industrial sectors of the market for a range of private clients.
I am seeking employment opportunities in a project management or assistant development management role. I would like to work for a firm, which would afford me the opportunity to work on both the development and construction stages of projects. Allowing me to draw on both my tertiary education and project delivery experience. I believe this would put me in a positive position to add value to these phases of projects and become an integral member of any firm, whilst continually enhancing my skill set.
McLachlan Lister, Sydney, Australia, Consultant
Cranbrook Junior K-6 School, Sydney
• Assistant Project Manager for the delivery of a new Kindergarten to Year 6 Junior School for one of Sydney’s most
prestigious private boys Schools.
• Based full time on site as the client’s representative and superintendent
• $40m new build School, to provide state of the art educational facilities for its students.
• Management of Civil Works package (design and delivery) ensuring early works were completed ahead of main
• Co-managed design coordination and tender process to ensure design outcomes were achieved, coordination
risks mitigated and appropriate General Contractor selected.
• Assisting with contract administration of the Main Contract
• Assessment of Progress Payments
• Management of Consultant fee claims and scope variation claims
• Facilitation of ongoing design development leading to significant cost and time savings to the Client.
• Contractor management and coordination
• Stakeholder management
Housing New South Wales, Property Upgrade Project
• Assistant Project Manager delivering an upgrade works programme, valued at $8m to a portfolio of in excess of
150 Heritage Listed housing assets for a New South Wales Government Organization.
• Project scope included the management of subdivision of circa 100 properties; major upgrades to local
sewerage systems; Building Code of Australia compliance and fire safety upgrades to all properties.
• Design management of extensive sewer upgrade works
• Liaison and management of key Government Departments to ensure timely receipt of required approvals (Heritage Department, Department of Planning)
• Consultant management and liaison
• Preparation of tender documentation
• Tender process management
• Programme development and management
• Monthly project reporting to client on the status of each of the circa 150 properties
Concept Entertainment Group, Sydney, Australia, Production Manager
• Production Manager providing production services and consultancy for events up to $500k.
• Responsible for the logistics and programming of interrelated events and the management of a core team of production assistants.
• Achieved through the extension of a full range of services, including: Business development, budget development and control, technical design, selection and direction, sub-contractor management, client management, authority approvals and site management for event sites
University of New South Wales (UNSW), Kensington, Sydney, Masters, Property Development
Major: Development & Investment
University of New South Wales (UNSW), Kensington, Sydney , Bachelors, Construction Management & Property
Major: Property Development