I am a registered architect and have worked on retail, restaurant, educational, hotel/motel, office, and light commercial projects. I prepare all the required architectural and engineering construction documents and provide as-built, bid, permit, and construction services.
Obtained through the National Council of Architectural Registration Board (NCARB).
Alabama #3478; Issued 05/27/1989
Florida #AR0013279; Issued 04/24/1990
Georgia #6293; Issued 11/06/1986
Louisiana #5858; Issued 01/29/2003
Maryland #9181; Issued 01/29/1992
North Carolina #5663; Issued 07/25/1989
Pennsylvania #RA402371; Issued 07/10/2003
South Carolina #3899; Issued 07/25/1989
Tennessee #30002109; Issued 01/29/1989
Virginia #008293; Issued 03/04/1992
Dennis J. Dubey, Architect, P.C., Gainesville, GA, US, President
As an Architect and leader of multidisciplinary teams, I am responsible for the designing, preparation of construction documents, reviewing, and monitoring the construction of new and major improvements, extensions, conversions, modernization, maintenance and repair projects to existing buildings, facilities, and structures. Licensed in several states and providing a variety of building types, occupancies and construction techniques and methods, I manage multiple projects simultaneously involving performance of office and field duties associated with the management of these projects within various locations with different climatic, geographic, and environmental conditions. Occasionally I have had to modify standard design practices and adapt equipment and techniques to solve a variety of architectural and/or engineering problems. To continue providing my services, I am responsible for the establishment of new business relationships and the continuous servicing of existing relationships with the success of current and past projects. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparation of scope of services, proposals and negotiations of client and consultant contracts.
• Perform project management duties involving project programs, objectives, pre-design documents, schedules, budgets, and cost estimates.
• Inspection of proposed project sites, analysis of local zoning and planning department requirements to determine project and site feasibility to final site acquisition.
• Perform as-built field surveys involving sketches, photographs, measurements, and drawings to establish data necessary to initiate project planning and design.
• Determination of most economical and efficient architectural and engineering concepts, principals, and practices applicable to the planning, design, and construction phases of the project.
• Twenty years of experience involving computers and software including AutoCad, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe to prepare, analyze, formulate and present recommendations, reports, architectural and engineering construction documents and reports/reviews that are technically accurate.
• Preparation of local and state energy compliance calculations and reports.
• Obtain permit plan review approvals from local city, county and state building, fire, health, water and sewer, zoning, site development, and landscape departments.
• Preparation of bid packages, clarifications, addendums, modifications, and review/analysis of bids. Performance of construction administration services which include site inspections and reporting, review of shop drawings, alternates, change orders and pay requests.
• Enforcement of consultant and construction contractual requirements and resolution of budgetary, technical, and scheduling conflicts.
• Constantly maintaining a thorough knowledge involving continuing education in health, safety and environmental requirements as outlined in applicable safety standards, regulations and/or technical orders.
• Constantly maintaining a thorough knowledge involving continuing education in architecture, engineering, codes, technology, products, and construction practices and methods.
Hamill & McKinney, Architects & Engineers, Inc., Marietta, GA, US, Southeast Regional Director/Architect
I was responsible for all new business development and the management of eight professional staff members consisting of architects, engineers and administration personnel for project types including, office, hotel, retail, restaurant, and light commercial within the southeastern states. Hammill & McKinney was a full service architectural and engineering firm with in-house architects and engineers headquartered in Lexington, KY, with offices located in Georgia, Florida, Texas, and California. Other duties and responsibilities included:
• Responsible for marketing and advertising office’s service capabilities and expertise.
• Responsible for all office’s business management duties including hiring of staff, consultants, accounts payables, accounts receivables, payroll, and employee benefits.
• Advised and supervised staff and consultants working with me and divided work according to the staff experience on renovation and new construction projects.
• Monitored the ongoing work to ensure that projects where proceeding per the decided plan.
• Architect of Record for all construction documents produced by Atlanta office.
MCI Telecommunications, Inc., Atlanta, GA, US, Construction Manager
I was responsible for managing four professional staff members which negotiated, bid, contracted, and purchased professional services, construction services, telecommunication equipment, generators, HVAC units, batteries, and office equipment and supplies for the company's employees and office, terminal, and switching buildings. Responsible for the execution of purchase orders and contracts up to $1,000,000.00. Worked closely with the in-house construction department’s personnel in the planning, designing, and construction of MCI’s network of terminal and switching buildings within the southeastern states. Other duties and responsibilities included:
• Communicated with various departments including administration, real estate, construction, and telecommunication engineering to determine project needs and requirements for renovation, tenant improvements, and new construction projects.
• Negotiated agreements and contracted Architects, Engineers, and Contractors to develop construction documents and construct planned projects.
• Monitored all phases of the projects and performed progress visits and reviews, of services with contracted Architects, Engineers, and Contractors.
• Ensured projects where completed on time, within budget, and in compliance with contract documents.
• Enforced contractual obligations, reviewed alternates, resolved conflicts with schedules, budgets and technical issues.
• Bid Owner supplied equipment and furnishings for procurement by purchasing department.
Giffels/Harte Architects & Engineers, Inc., Atlanta, GA, US, Project Architect
I was Project Architect assigned to a telecommunications client responsible to lead an in-house design team for the design, planning and preparation of construction documents of the client's terminal and switching buildings and structures. Worked with structural department under the direct supervision of a licensed structural engineer preparing construction documents for various mechanical/electrical equipment screens and structures. Giffels/Harte was a full service architectural and engineering firm with in-house architects and structural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and civil engineers.
John Summer & Associates, Inc., Atlanta, GA, US, Project Architect
I was Project Architect assigned to a hotel client responsible to lead a design team of outside consultants for the design, planning and preparation of construction documents for various new construction and renovation hotel projects. Project Architect for a high-rise office building and several television broadcasting studios.
Bennett & Pless Structural Engineers, Inc., Atlanta, GA, US, Structural Draftsman
As a structural draftsman under the direct supervision of several licensed structure engineers, I was responsible for the preparation of structural construction documents for various buildings designed by Architects across the country. Structural systems included, wood frame, heavy timber, reinforced concrete masonry, cast-in place concrete, pre-cast concrete, post-stressed concrete, tilt-up panels, steel, and cold rolled steel construction
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, MArch, Architecture
Architecture and Energy Engineering
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
Brevard Community College, Cocoa, FL, US, Architecture
City of Atlanat Urban Design Commision;s Award of Excellence, 1st Place
Design of Zesto's Dinner and Drive-Thru