see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Being an interdisciplinary designer, I create objects and installations that blur the boundaries between art, product and architecture.
With experiences in product design, exhibition production, and prop fabrication, I am especially interested in designing spatial experiences with storytelling.
Core Bamboo, New York City, Industrial Designer
- Developed housewares projects from design to mass production
- Managed multiple projects on design, render, presentation, sourcing, and follow-up
- Designed new office space, supervised construction
The Jim Henson Company Creature Shop, Long Island City, NY, US, Production Intern
- Fabricated props, puppets, and costumes for Sesame Street series “Elmo: The Musical”
- Studied puppet building and costume styling under Jason Weber
National Art Museum of China, New York, NY, US - Beijing, China, Coordinator, Curatorial Assistant
- Assisted the curator in liaising with 90 international artists, galleries, designers, museum staff, and contractors for "Translife: International Triennial of New Media Art"
- Maintained database of catalogue entries, floor plans, technical riders, shipping specs, and budgets
- Coordinated on-site installation of outdoor gallery space “Weather Tunnel”
- Translated 120 project description and biography entries
- Assisted in website development (www.mediartchina.org)
College of Architecture, University of Houston, Houston, TX, US, Teaching Assistant, Academic Assistant
- Assisted in seminar “Post-modern Architecture” research and course preparation
- Photographed and archived student architectural and design models
- Assisted IT department in maintaining college website
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Masters, MFA Design and Technology
At Parsons, I studied interaction design and installation art. My focus was on designing for conflicts between the public and the private.
Having worked in exhibition planning, I am especially interested in spatial design and storytelling.
University of Houston, Houston, TX, US, Bachelors, Industrial Design
Happily situated in the College of Architecture, my undergraduate studies in Industrial Design were a mix of user-centered research, product design, and digital fabrication. Many of my projects here are in the scale between object and architecture.