I am highly motivated, outgoing individual who is continually looking for ways to grow in my profession. I have a strong belief that we have an obligation as professionals, in whatever field we choose, to help others
EcofarmsPanama, Las Margaritas, Panama, Architect, General Contractor, Laborer
Volunteered as an Architect for a non-profit organization, located deep in the rain forest of Panama. A
grassroots organization where researchers, students, and professionals alike work to asses the impact of reforestation and conservation in the Mamoni River Valley. Brought on to develop a master phasing plan & to design/build sustainable cabins for the Mamoni Biotropical Research Center.
- Adopted local buiding techniques, all materials used were recycled or harvested on site
- Accepted the role of Project Architect, general contractor, laborer, carpenter, accountant, motivator
- Constructed 2 sleeping cabins & outdoor social area for ten people for $6/sqft
- Educated Ecofarms & the community in affordable, do-it-yourself, sustainable design practices.
P r o j e c t s
Mamoni Biotropical Center | EcoFarms Panama | New construction & master plan for research facilities
Metcalfe Architecture & Design, Philadelphia PA, Architectual Designer
Developed entire architectural drawing sets, including all drafting, from schematic design through construction document phase for retail, higher education, & cultural institutions. Partnered with Aramark & multiple universities to coordinate the integration of national food service franchise designs. Completed renovations and new construction for dining facilities at many universities in northeast America. Acted as job captain working with a local Jewish community to design six buildings for an eco-village hosting 300 campers.
- Headed coordination & integration of consultants and design into the drawing sets
- High level of budget review & reconciliation for multi-million dollar projects on tight schedules
- Heavily involved in construction administration & coordinated building systems w/engineers.
- Issued change orders, RFI’s, expense reports, & reviewed submittals/punch-lists
- Developed 3d models/renderings informing design decisions.
P r o j e c t s
Deleware State University - Aramark | Wilmington DE | Food Court renovations & franchise design
Widener University - Aramark | Chester PA | Cafeteria renovation & addition
Holy Redeemer Hospital - Aramark | Meadowbrook PA | Dining and servery renovations
Camp JRF | PA | Jewish EcoVillage for summer campers age 10 -16
Birdcraft Audubon Society | Fairfield CT | Museum renovation & restoration of historical landmark
Boeing Facilities | Philadelphia PA | Renovations & updates to testing facilities
Self Employed, Pittsburgh PA, Architect, General Contractor, Laborer
Completed a true design-build project. Purchased, designed, renovated & sold for profit a 2,500 sqft
single family home located in a dense urban Pittsburgh neighborhood. Gutted a century old home to its
shell and redesigned the house from the outside in. Learned extensive skills about the building process from a construction standpoint & the implications of cost and budget with design decisions.
- Reconciled design & budget to profit from a home renovation project while staying on schedule
- Over 1,500 hours of labor experience in the field including demolition, plumbing, framing, electrical,
- tile work, finishes, casework, fixture installations, inspections and code compliance
- Acted as the client, architect, general contractor, and laborer all at the same time - true design build
P r o j e c t s
1720 Sarah Street Residence - Client & Architect | PA | Design build renovation of a single family home
Gerald Lee Morosco Architects, PC, Pittsburgh Pa, Architectual Designer
Worked directly with the principle architect at a small three person firm on both new construction &
renovations of custom homes. Engaged in the totality of the design process benefiting from intimate client relationships and small scale design. Main project was a sustainable eco-friendly single family residential home constructed of straw bales and insulated SIP’s.
- Drafted complete drawing sets for several new construction/renovations to single family homes
- Organized client presentation, performed marketing & graphic design services , & 3d models/renderings
- Completed comprehensive budget/cost estimates for entire construction costs on new residences
- Wrote numerous project proposals estimating fees & project schedule
- Succeeded in specification writing, zoning documentation, & residential building code research
P r o j e c t s
Heaton-Wiegand Residence | OH | STRAW-BALE new construction
Spisak Residence | Beaver PA | New construction
Madden Residence | Pittsburgh PA | Loft apartment renovations
Carnegie Mellon University, pittsburgh pa, BArch, Architecture