see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
I am a graduate of the Fashion Institute of Technology with a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design. Formerly, I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and worked as a business consultant for a world renown accounting firm for three years performing internal process improvement consultations for large corporations.
In 2009, my abiding interest in interior design, lead me away from my Finance career and back to school to pursue my passion for design. I have since immersed myself in the field of design, gaining exposure to everything from residential and commercial design to hospitality design in the cruise ship industry. More recently, I have gotten to see design implementation from the construction side, working as the right wing to an seasoned architect on commercial and residential projects.
During my design schooling, I worked for interior designers specifying furniture and materials, while using my background in business to aid these professionals in managing orders and project budgets. I am proactive in reaching out to vendors and other professionals in the field to gain product information and set in place all aspects of procurement.
I am proficient in AutoCAD, AccuRender, Adobe, and Microsoft software, as well as Design Manager. I am a skillful hand renderer and received an award from Save-A-Sample for my rendering ability in 2012.
MDA DesignGroup, Brooklyn, NY, US, Designer
• Produce construction documents for commercial and residential design projects
• Perform project management duties such as working with specialists and other disciplines, performing site visits, participating in project meetings and communicating with contractors and clients
• Develop design presentations for client meetings
• Specify, order and track materials, fabric, and furniture selections for residential and commercial design projects
BG Studio, New York, NY, US, Design Intern
• Support junior and senior designers in preparing client and internal presentations
• Specify materials and products for residential and hospitality design projects
• Collect imagery and materials to support the firm’s design intentions and concepts
workshop/apd, New York, NY, US, Summer Design Intern
• Updated AutoCAD Drawings
• Gathered pricing and prepared client proposals
• Ordered samples and supplied product option
Studio Luxe, New York, NY, US, Design Assistant
• Assisted with project design schemes selections (i.e. fabric/furniture selection)
• Produced client proposals and purchase orders
• Provide project management assistance, such as, budgeting, payment record keeping and record organization
Ernst & Young LLP, New York, NY, US, Advisory Services Senior Associate
• Provided consulting and internal audit services for clients in the retail, pharmaceutical and media industries, government contractors and non-profit organizations.
• Recorded and interpreted business data through meetings with clients and senior management.
• Managed project engagement teams to verify the integrity of fieldwork
• Maintained client relationships throughout engagements providing the information necessary to perform successful consultations.
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
St. John's University, Jamaica, NY, US, Bachelors, Finance
Fashion Institue of Technology Bachelor of Fine Arts Academic Achievement in Interior Design, Award
Metal received at graduation for overall academic achievement (high GPA) in the Interior Design program.
Save-A-Sample Hand Rendering Competition, 1st Place
Hand rendering competition where an original copy of a hand rendering of any school project is submitted for review.
Salvatore Passalacqua Interior Design Scholarship Award, Scholarship