As an Architect with over 13 years of experience in the construction/architectural industry I believe I have the skills to assist your firm in whatever ventures they choose to pursue. With my vast amount of skills and experience in retail Facilities, corporate interiors and as a Licensed Architect with the State of Illinois I am confident that I would be a great addition to your Firm .
My qualifications are as follows:
• I have a Bachelors’ degree in Architecture from the University of Illinois in Chicago.
• I lead teams of professional architects, interior designers, store planners and engineers for over 18 years. I completed the Project Management Professional Training Program as outlined by PMI and adhere to their processes and principles.
• I’m Licensed Architect with the state of Illinois. I also hold architectural licenses in the states of Pennsylvania and Nebraska.
• I worked for Montgomery Ward in the development of fixture plans and construction documents for more than ten years on the Rehab of existing and new development of new stores. I also have recent experience working with Walgreens merchandising initiatives in the years 2010 and 2012.
• I have knowledge of building systems, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, civil and site engineering.
• I have experience with the computer programs of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power point.
• As a licensed Architect I’ve been working with and have extensive knowledge of The International Building Code, Chicago Building Codes, and the Americans with Disabilities ACT (ADA). I’m a registered energy professional with the City of Chicago. I’ m also very familiar with the building permitting process with the “City of Chicago” and other surrounding suburban municipalities (International Building Code).
• I‘ve been working with AutoCAD for more than ten years
• As a Project Director with ICL Architecture I have mentored and help guide the professional development of my staff.
• I also have more than 20 years of experience surveying and documenting the conditions of existing facilities. This includes photo journals, existing floor plans, reflected Ceiling plans, electrical layouts, plumbing and HVAC layouts.
My expertise in corporate Interior Design and in developing Construction Documents is shown in the attached resume. During my time at ICL Architecture, I was able to successfully complete over 80 Interior Office Projects ranging in size from 2,000 SF to 26,000 SF. These projects included client such as "Yahoo, Merrill Corporation, Shorenstein, and the John Buck Company. I represented ICL Architecture with major Building owners and management companies, acting as the Building Corporate Architect. I know and have worked on area calculations and building lease books based on BOMA guidelines for large Corporate Office Buildings such as "The John Hancock Center, 311 S. Wacker, 150 S. Wacker and 69 W. Washington.
I’ve designed, developed, produced construction drawings; project managed building rehabs and new construction ranging from Retail build-out at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois to Strip Mall Ground-up Development at Sherman Plaza in Chicago.
Onyx Architectural Services, Chicago, IL, US, Senior Project Manager
Licensed Architect responsible for coordinating all phases of Chicago Public School (CPS) projects active in the firm. Successfully developed major renovation school projects and managed architects, CAD personnel and MEP / Structural Consultants through programming, preliminary design, Design Development, construction documents, contractor bidding, project administration, submittal reviews, punchlist development, and pay approvals.
• CPS –Lakeview High School Door Replacement and emergency generator project-2011 year project
• Joint venture on a major elementary school CPS renovation project -2012 year project.
• Cook County Asset Re-Alignment Program.
• Professional Development includes maintaining current memberships with the professional organizations of AIA, ALA, & INOMA.
• Maintains Architecture license with the State of Illinois and regularly attends “Continuing Education Seminar” in an effort to keep the company aware of the most current trends and construction standards.
• Provides project review from schematic design to project close out for residential developments, commercial build outs and educational facilities for both new construction & rehabilitation of existing structures.
Adecco, Chicago, IL, US, Store Planner
Provided and updates new merchandise & fixture plans for existing stores throughout the nation.
• Completed over 500 retail stores CAD Plans implementing the “Customer Centric Retailing” (CCR) company strategy in existing Walgreen stores through-out the USA.
• Effectively communicated with the Store Managers in confirming the existing conditions of stores throughout the country in the completion of the CCR strategy.
ICL Interior Architecture Inc., Chicago, IL, US, Director of Architecture
Principal Architect. Responsible for coordinating all phases of the projects active in the firm. Successfully developed and managed non-licensed architects and architectural projects: programming, preliminary design, space planning, construction documents, contractor bidding, project administration, final punchlist, pay approvals.
• Completed over 80 corporate Interior office tenant improvement build-outs ranging in area from 2000 SF to 26,000 SF and 2 new office building ground–up projects.
• Gained valuable experience in the production of over 12 major multi-family residential renovation projects and 8 Single Family Homes throughout the Chicagoland area.
• Developed, reviewed and sealed permit sets as the only licensed architect in the firm.
• Developed the firm’s computer filing systems, interviewed & hired staff, wrote employee critiques, wrote project proposals and helped establish company’s fee structure.
• Oversaw development of As-built plans for interior Suites at the John Hancock Center and established leasable area calculations based on BOMA (Building Owner & Manager Association) Guidelines.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, US, BArch, Architectural Design