I am writing to express my interest in the full time intern architect position. My educational background has provided me a strong foundation to transition into the workforce. I have already begun this transition by interning at architecture firms. This combined with my eagerness to learn more about design, make me ideally suited for an internship with your company.
Aside from the intern positions, the majority of my experience has been as a student enrolled in the architecture program at the Pennsylvania State University. I am knowledgeable in a wide variety of programs such as AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Revit and physical model building. In addition, I completed a semester abroad in Italy. This experience helped me appreciate the richness of different types of architecture. My studies, together with my experience, have taught me an important lesson -a good design is a good design, regardless of its application. In a nutshell, my dual strengths are creative imagination and effective implementation. I thrive on challenges and will spend the time and effort it takes to succeed.
Giuliani Associates, Alexandria, VA, US, Architect Intern
• Picked up red marks off of construction documents
• Experience in Revit elevated further with training; for purposes of completing construction documents
• Basic understanding of ADA requirements
• Free-hand sketching
• Conducted building survey; all data collected to create preliminary Revit model, i.e. locating and
dimensioning walls, stairs and overall building make up.
• Projects: Edens Mosaic Stellogix, Edens Mosaic District-Lululemon Store, 5th Street NE building survey-
preliminary drawing, MAA BWI A-B Office Relocation.
MM architects inc, Lancaster, PA, US, Architect Intern
• Constructed design and presentation materials to include study models either built or developed with 3-D tools within Auto CAD, REVIT
• Prepared design and construction documents under the direction of the Project Architect
• Contacted material and product reps and suppliers to collect product information, specifications, installation details and budget costs.
• Assisted with streamlining of the architectural design process from conceptual design through overall completion of projects
• Projects: memorial bell design, bathroom re-designed for ADA compliance, MM Architect Inc. business office renovation, story boards for MM Architect open house
• Performance Bonus, Dec 2013
May 2007 to Aug 2007: Van Metre Homes, Asburn, Virginia, Summer Architectural Intern
• Proofread construction documents for errors and updated corresponding CAD drawings
• Conducted site analysis to ensure construction models were accurately captured in CAD documentation
• Met monthly deadlines for projects
The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State), University Park, PA, US, BArch, Architecture
Anne Arundel Community College, Severn, MD, US, Architecture