see all...Viewing 3 out of 11 projects
My conceptual design ideas have successfully influenced several projects in commercial office, retail, residential, hotel, and health-care functions. My solid technical and management skills are based on thorough research and experience through all design and construction phases. I work well in collaborative team efforts as well as independently based on the needs of the project.
I am working towards achieving my architectural license and have completed 4 of the 7 ARE exams along with the required IDP hours. As a LEEP AP BD+C since 2009, my experience on a current LEED project as well as 3 LEED-equivalent international projects has been extensive and beneficial from Concept Design through Construction Administration.
With the past 3 years of leading volunteer projects in low-income house renovation in the local community, I have developed a strong sense of creative innovation of materials reuse and management of minimal funding in real applications. I recognize the need for affordable and sustainable architecture and the impact it has on the community.
By participating in the CAF Newhouse Jury competition for the past 3 years and having a dedicated role in leading the Summer Intern Program at SOM, I feel strongly towards the education of students interested in the arts, architecture, and design.
LEED AP BD+C
bKL Architecture LLC, Chicago, IL, US, Architecture Professional (Unlicensed)
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), Chicago, IL, US, Senior Architect, Level E, unlicensed
• Design commercial, hotel, residential, and healthcare developments from Concept through Construction Document phases in London, China, and Denver, CO, which have met the LEED or equivalent standards for Green Building Design
• Performed on-site observation, prepare and document technical RFIs, and participate in OAC meetings for the Trump International Hotel &amp;amp; Tower in Chicago, IL in the Construction Administration phase
• Collaborate with large multi-disciplinary teams to develop major complexes of commercial, hotel, residential &amp;amp; healthcare buildings in both local and international settings
• Manage projects over 20 people as a Team Leader with design and technical skills
• Guided large team as Digital Design Coordinator for document submissions utilizing REVIT / CAD
• Actively lead efforts in organizing firm-wide Training &amp;amp; Education to develop architectural skills, technical detailing, and enhancement instruction towards IDP/ARE
• Voluntarily lead office-wide efforts to renovate local low-income houses in conjunction with the national non-profit organization Rebuilding Together
• Participated in pro-bono concept design for a 6th - 12th grade school for disadvantaged children in Tamil Nadu, South India on behalf of the LIFT-India non-profit organization
• Coordinate and lead Summer Intern Program which exposed young architects and engineers to local Chicago architecture and SOM buildings, the SOM partnership, and firm management styles
• Served in a co-op internship from January 2005 through September 2005
James, Harwick + Partners, Dallas, TX, US, Summer Intern
• Assisted architects with site planning and schematic design packages for multi- and single-tenant housing in a small team environment
• Graphically designed a submission to an AIA award competition
City of Dallas Long Range Planning Department, Dallas, TX, US, Summer Intern
• Aided in plan development, research and analysis for historical / conservation districts and public transit system (DART - Dallas Area Rapid Transit)
• Participated in public city council meetings with city planners and Dallas residents concerning city policies
Opus West Construction Corporation, Dallas, TX, US, Summer Intern
• Coordinated 3 commercial design-build projects, including two of new construction and one renovation
• Produced bidding, contract, and various construction documents
The University of Texas at Austin, BArch, School of Architecture
University Honors Student
Received Bachelor of Architecture