see all...Viewing 3 out of 14 projects
My conceptual design ideas have successfully influenced several projects in education, commercial office, retail, residential, hotel, and health-care functions. My solid technical and management skills are based on thorough research and experience through all design and construction phases. I work well in collaborative team efforts as well as independently based on the needs of the project.
I am working towards achieving my architectural license and have completed 6 of the 7 ARE exams along with the required IDP hours. As a LEEP AP BD+C since 2009, my experience on a current LEED project as well as 3 LEED-equivalent international projects has been extensive and beneficial from Concept Design through Construction Administration.
With 3 years of leading volunteer projects in low-income house renovation in the local community, I have developed a strong sense of creative innovation of materials reuse and management of minimal funding in real applications. I recognize the need for affordable and sustainable architecture and the impact it has on the community.
By participating in the CAF Newhouse Jury competition for 3 years and having a dedicated role in leading the Summer Intern Program at SOM, I feel strongly towards the education of students interested in the arts, architecture, and design.
LEED AP BD+C
bKL Architecture LLC, Chicago, IL, US, Associate, Project Architect (pursuing licensure)
• Perform as Project Architect for the GEMS World Academy - Phase 1 school in Chicago, IL. Leading the development of design and technical coordination of a new school campus serving 2,100 K-12 students in two high rise buildings located in downtown Chicago. The 310,000 s.f. facility includes a 500 seat auditorium, black box theater, planetarium, television and recording studios, technology labs, 6 lane pool competition gym, ﬁtness center, two libraries, two dining centers, rooftop play spaces and student and parent lounges. Phase 1 construction to be completed Fall 2014
• Lead team in creating drawing sets from planning through construction, conducting program analysis, preparing design presentations, coordination with consultants, developing specifications, reviewing zoning and code requirements, and producing permit sets
• Provide design concepts for exterior and interior spaces for multi-use buildings and educational facilities
• Deliver technical guidance and integration of digital programs at a supervisory level
• Liaison between client and construction team via review of submittals and on-site observation
• Organize and develop file management system and creation of project templates
• Research of precast concrete modular systems in local and international settings for temporary and permanent mass housing for the World Cup hosted by Qatar
• Supported preservation and re-utilization of the Lathrop Homes housing project in Chicago, IL
• Develop site, plan, and exterior facade concepts for mixed-use high-rise projects in Chicago, IL
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), Chicago, IL, US, Senior Architect, Level E, unlicensed
• Managed projects over 20 people as a Team Leader with design and technical skills
• Guided large team as Digital Design Coordinator for document submissions utilizing REVIT / CAD
• Collaborated with large multi-disciplinary teams to develop major complexes of commercial, hotel, residential & healthcare buildings in both local and international settings, several of which have met the LEED or equivalent standards for Green Building Design
• Performed on-site observation, prepared and documented technical RFIs, and participated in OAC meetings for Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago, IL during Construction Administration
• Coordinated and led the Summer Intern Program, exposing young architects and engineers to local Chicago architecture, the SOM partnership, and firm culture
• Organized firm-wide training to hone architectural skills, technical detailing, and enhancement instruction
• Led office-wide efforts to annually renovate local low-income houses in conjunction with the national non-profit organization Rebuilding Together; inclusive of managing the budget, securing donations, coordinating and actively participating in construction activities, and recruiting volunteers
• Supported concept design of a school for disadvantaged children in South India on behalf of LIFT-India
James, Harwick + Partners, Dallas, TX, US, Summer Intern
• Assisted architects with site planning and schematic design packages for multi- and single-tenant housing in a small team environment
• Graphically designed a submission to an AIA award competition
City of Dallas Long Range Planning Department, Dallas, TX, US, Summer Intern
• Aided in plan development, research and analysis for historical / conservation districts and public transit system (DART - Dallas Area Rapid Transit)
• Participated in public city council meetings with city planners and Dallas residents concerning city policies
Opus West Construction Corporation, Dallas, TX, US, Summer Intern
• Coordinated 3 commercial design-build projects, including two of new construction and one renovation
• Produced bidding, contract, and various construction documents
The University of Texas at Austin, BArch, School of Architecture
University Honors Student
Received Bachelor of Architecture
Fellow colleagues at bKL featured in the exhibit by CWA for the GEMS World Academy project.