see all...Viewing 3 out of 7 projects
Architect Antonio Columna was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. He began his studies at the University Pedro Henríquez Ureña where he obtained a degree in Architecture and Urban Design in 1995.
Early in his career he practiced in various architectural offices in the city of Santo Domingo including Espacio y Arquitectura, Le Corbusier among others. He established his own professional firm in the late 90's, completing multiple residential projects.
In 1999 Antonio Columna settled in New York City where he began to expand his career internationally by working for several architectural firms which include HNTB, Karl Fischer Architects, Daniel Frankfurt / HDR, TAMS, and Domenech Hicks & Krockmalnic Architects and obtaining his architectural license to practice in the United States. He has participated in the design of several mega transportation projects and institutional projects in the city of New York including the Fulton Street Transit Center in Lower Manhattan, which is part of World Trade Center site. Antonio Columna is currently working for The New York City Transit Authority, where he is the lead designer for several transportation projects. Antonio Columna founded Antonio Columna Architecture in the year 2011, and his small studio is currently leading the renovation of a historic property in the Longwood section of the Bronx as well as other residential projects.
Antonio Columna has accumulated vast experience and knowledge over the span of his profession career and through the completion of multiple and diverse projects. His work is characterized by a simple and efficient design, prioritizing the needs of the client while balancing the site conditions and the built environment.
Mr. Columna is a member of the American Institute of Architects, the Dominican College of Architects, Engineers and Surveyors (CODIA), and the U.S. Green Building Council. He has also contributed in various forums of architecture and urbanism.
Metropolitan Transportation Authority, New York, NY, US, Consulting Architect
Provide architectural design services for multiple projects. Present responsibilities include participation in major subway station rebuild projects.
• Assist the Project Architect in the conception and initial design of multimillion-dollar projects.
• Prepare highly detailed construction drawings.
• Provide construction administration services for the “Far Rockaway Nine Stations Rehabilitation Project. This $140 million project involves upgrading all Far Rockaway stations to a state of good repair and to meet current standards.
Karl Fischer Architecture, New York, NY, US, Project Architect
Project management responsibility for the design of a high-rise apartment building and a 186,000 square foot, four-story private school in New York City. Gave support to other projects.
• Performed zoning analysis based New York City zoning laws.
• Developed design and construction drawings for the entire projects.
• Created DOB packages for submission to the New York City Department of Buildings for approval.
• Provided site observation; coordinated with clients, consultants, contractors during design and construction.
HDR / Daniel Frankfurt Engineers and Architects, PC, New York, NY, US, Lead Architectural Designer
Developed and designed construction drawings for a large transportation complex.
• Managed a staff of Architectural Designers in the design phase.
• Participated in the design of the Fulton Transit Center Project for the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
Earth Tech / TAMS Consultants (now AECOM), New York, NY, US, Project Architect
Oversaw the preparation of initial proposals, design and construction for a K-12 renovation and addition as it was converted to a charter school.
Domenech Hicks & Krockmalnic Architects, New York, NY, US, Senior Designer
Design participation in six projects, including the multi-million dollar Roosevelt Avenue-74th Street Station and a 11- Story Housing Project.
Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), MArch, School of Architecture and Urban Design
Santo Domingo, DR