I am Mexican, I studied at Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City.
I graduated and obtained my Bachelor's in Architecture degree on 2011 and my architect professional license in Mexico City on 2012. I have recently achieved accreditation in LEED® AP BD+C and PMI PMP®.
During the time I worked in my past job at Arquitectura Experimental S.C, I had the opportunity to participate in the 2010 Venice Biennale creating the video which documented the design and fabrication process of the art installation “Enjoy the View” - http://www.jsa.com.mx/medios/enjoy-the-view/-. In the 2012 Venice Biennale I participated translating the ideas of different architects into a CNC routed surface, which recounted different stories about Mexico City, through data which was mapped in the surface topology for the art installation “CONTRAposición” -http://www.archdaily.mx/142959/contraposicion- pieza-de-casapublica-en-la- bienal-de-venecia/-. I also participated in the digital manufacturing of a 191,059 square feet parametric facade for the Mexican retail store Liverpool, through a computational design that controlled more than 6,000 panels, according to sunlight conditions. Creating a BIM project which established the design for façade and contained the construction plans -http://plusmood.com/2012/07/liverpool-angelopolis-facade-jsa/-.
I am currently working at FR-EE, where I have developed the framework for BIM projects.
This framework has the advantage to create processes that enable the office to work in any scale of project, either commercial or non-commercial without compromising the quality of the design, through the analysis of data and the ability to have a fully coordinated project that can be worked simultaneously by third parties anywhere.
5TF, Torreón, MX, Project Manager
5TF is a company dedicated to interior design, furniture manufacturing and interior construction. Working in 5TF I have been in charge of developing the project management framework, including the required processes, formats and templates.
I have also been working as a project manager, taking projects from the conceptual design phase through the final construction.
I have also been assessing the possibilities to develop furniture systems, that can help projects to achieve LEED® credits and prerequisites, by evaluating possible materials and construction systems.
• Develop conceptual design
• Develop design processes
• Manage construction processes
• Establish a project management framework
• Assess the feasibility of incursion on LEED projects
FR-EE / Fernando Romero Enterprise, Mexico, MX, BIM Manager
Working in FR-EE I developed the framework for BIM projects, which included a Technical Handbook with the process to be followed in other to work in such projects and the templates which enables to implement particular needs of the office and allows consultants to work outside the office and different architects inside FR-EE simultaneously in the same file.
I also take projects that are considered complex, either by it scale, its geometry or its context; and contribute to enrich the design process.
• Create the framework to develop BIM projects
• Review BIM projects to ensure compliance with quality standards
• Work on BIM projects with large scale and/or complex geometries
• Create bridges to link geometries between BIM software to NURB software
• Participate in the design process where scripting or visual programming is needed to develop parametric architecture
LIVERPOOL SA DE CV, Mexico, MX, Project Chief
Working in Liverpool Department Stores I coordinated the activities necessary to make remodelings of the different departments, my work focused in the development of construction plans and paper work necessary to obtain internal and authorities permits.
• Coordinate all departments to develop construction plans
• Manage authorization process within internal departments
• Review budgets
• Develop a specification letter for the legal department to obtain authorities permits
• Follow construction process to ensure the work is been done correctly
ARQUITECTURA EXPERIMENTAL, Mexico, MX, Project Architect
During the time I worked at Arquitectura Experimental I participated in the 2010 Venice Biennale; creating the documentary video for the design and production process for the art installation “Enjoy the View” -http://www.jsa.com.mx/medios/enjoy-the-view/-, in the 2012 Venice Biennale; translating the ideas from a design team into a 3D model driven by a script that mapped Mexico City information, for the art installation contra(POSICION) -http://www.archdaily.mx/142959/contraposicion-pieza-de-casapublica-en-la-bienal-de-venecia/- and on the digital manufacturing of a 191,059 square feet parametric façade for a Mexican department store, creating a Grasshopper definition that modified a modulus according to lighting conditions, creating a 3D model and generating construction plans-http://plusmood.com/2012/07/liverpool-angelopolis-facade-jsa/-.
• Work on design team
• Create scripts to solve design problems
• Ensure progress toward the completion of the projects
• Monitor construction phase to ensure quality standards
• Optimize designs to comply with a budget
• Make and review final budget
• Review other designers plans and make corrections
Universidad Iberoamericana, Campus Santa Fe, Mexico, MX, BArch, Santa Fe II
The main purpose of the academic program at Universidad Iberoamericana is described in the following statements:
• Analyze habitation problems in different cultures, and solutions given in its time and space.
• Propose a sustainable architecture adapted to the cultural, urban and natural environment.
• Understand the fundamental properties and characteristics of materials, technologies, tools, procedures and construction systems and apply them with an ethical perspective.
• Apply the basic principles of management in its planning methodology and the evaluation and control systems.
• Know and apply the official regulations governing the construction and the procedures required, as well; the rights, obligations and responsibilities in the workplace.
Concurso Barragan Intervención Urbana, Honorable Mention
It was a competition for Casa Barragan Foundaition at Mexico City, which aimed to create an urban connection between the World Heritage House and the near by subway station "Constituyentes".