see all...Viewing 3 out of 8 projects
T.R. Badger is a former graduate of the CAPLA program at the University of Arizona earning a M.Arch degree during the spring of 2013, with a specific focus in urban/engineering design. Badger also received a Bachelor’s of Science in Architecture/Urban Planning from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in May 2010. Badger's specific interest in Architecture is graphic design, detail drafting, engineering and urban design.
Throughout his upbringing, Badger was heavily driven by education, athletics and music while also involved in various activities community service activities, performing arts, computer technology and church. Throughout his collegiate career, the main focus of study him was professional design in the fields of architecture, urban development and engineering. His focus allowed him to incorporate architectural studies along with other various courses he took such as humanities, engineering and urban design. He eventually combined them all these previous studies into full multi-disciplinary concentration to where he could use each of their concepts and elements from what he learned in each subject and use them to compatibly into his architectural design studies and projects. One of Badger's major goals is to become a key contributor in his community professionally and socially, along with seeking opportunities to enhance his design skills in visual graphic imagery and design large-scale or small-scale developments in order to improve the quality of life for all people.
One of the most important values that he has learned is that studying architecture is more than designing a building, but an key component as an integer to relation to other elements of life relating to all people. Badger believes that by understanding the principles of architecture and its compatibility with various elements, it creates a complete image of people, culture, diversity and the quality of life. Architecture is a influential element that embodies our everyday life.
Badger see architecture as an prominent piece to a puzzle that has an integral role with other various pieces of a microcosm, in which helps define the complete picture. There are so many elements in this world that all correlate to one another which also allows us to develop our own definition of life.
Blufish Design, Inc., Tempe, AZ, US, CAD Artist
- Part time drafter for cleaning up floor plans
- Use AutoCAD to edit and develop new floor plan design for various KB Homes
- Responsible for creating options per page using AutoCAD.
- Responsible for update all changes and editing within all floor plan levels.
Electrical Consultants, Inc., Phoenix, AZ, US, Architectural Engineer Designer/Drafter
- Responsible for developing and editing construction drawings for various Transmission/Substation projects in the US.
- Used AutoCAD and Microstation to develop 2D construction detail drawings for both Transmission & Substation drawings.
- Used AutoCAD and Microstation to draft current 2D design such as insulators, poles, wires, foundation drawings, etc.
- Used Microsoft Word XP to develop and edit updated date information in Reference List of drawings.
- Use Microsoft Excel XP to develop and edit updated calculated charts and graphs and attach them to the construction drawings.
- Responsible for updating all current CAD blocks of block cabinets, substation blocks, transmission insulators, guy wires, clamps, etc.
- Work with other engineers & designers in substation department such as developing wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, electrical wiring drawings, editing text, etc.
Cable Solutions, LLC, Chandler, AZ, US, Architectural Data Drafter
- Part time drafter responsible for drafting and editing redline markup for As-Built architectural floor plans for various buildings.
- Assisted with drafter various architectural floor plans for Maricopa County owned buildings.
- Used AutoCAD 2014-15 to draft floor plans, text, blocks and Voice/Data points within various buildings.
- Developed new PDF drawings from edited markups/redlines.
- Project References:
- 1 West Madison – Downtown
- Environmental Sciences Building
Indepedent desginer for Victorious Believers C.O.G.I.C., Saginaw, MI, US, Architectural Designer/Drafter (Independent)
- Part-time as an independent contractor for preliminary architectural design.
- Used AutoCAD to develop and draft floor plans, sections, details and elevations for church youth community center & senior citizens complex.
- Used Microstation V8i and Revit to develop 3D building models of church youth community center & senior citizen complex.
- Used AutoCAD to draft construction detail drawings.
- Consulted with client on square footage for spaces and cost estimates.
- Used Microstation V8i to develop 3D renderings of interior & exterior spaces.
University of Arizona Information Technology Services, Tucson, AZ, US, IT Printer Technician Specialists
- Instructed 50 + students on how to prepare and print large plotting files.
- Provided support for 50+ students pertaining to issues on the plotter during a print job
- Responsible for supplying inventory and monitoring all 5 plotters, 20+ ink jets and cartridges in the CALA building.
- Responsible for stocking and displaying large paper rolls.
- Develop 5 online tutorials for printing directions using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and AutoCAD 2013.
University of Arizona Information Technology Services, Tucson, AZ, US, Assistant Architectural CAD Drafter & Surveyor
My role was to draft in AutoCAD plot points for a steep hill in the San Xavier Indian Reservation south of Tucson. My responsibility was to survey the site and locate the appropriate point dimensions upon its location on the hill through 2D drafting in AutoCAD. The objective of this project was to develop a 3d drawing of the hill in the reservation in order to inform engineers about the site analysis.
- Participated site analyzing with a professional surveyor.
- Drafted plot points for a steep hill in the San Xavier Indian Reservation south of Tucson, AZ
- Used AutoCAD 2013 to draft topographic lines of the hills at the San Xavier Indian Reservation.
- Used AutoCAD 2013 to draft and layout data points upon the sloped hill in the reservation.
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, US, MArch, College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
The School of Architecture is devoted to professional education with a sensibility honed in the edge conditions of an extreme climate on a major international border. Located in the oldest continuously-inhabited city in the United States, the School combines a culturally rich past with cutting-edge environmental research in its place-based design approach to the arid environment.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Bachelors, School of Architecture and Urban Planning
Bachelor of Science, Architectural Studies (BSAS), a four-year undergraduate program that prepares students for professional, masters-level training in architecture and other design fields.
University of Arizona Graduate College Fellowhip, Scholarship
The Graduate College allocates cash awards to academic units through the respective dean's office to recruit and retain top international or domestic graduate students.
Findorff Minority Scholarship Award - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Scholarship
This award was granted to students of African-American, Latino-American, Native-American or other native descent that are studying in the School of Architecture and Urban Planning. The purpose of this award was to financially assist minority students and encourage them to graduate the program