see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
Second year M.Arch Student at Parsons School of Design with a business degree from UNC Chapel Hill. As a former ballet dancer and business student, I am interested in an interdisciplinary approach to the built environment.
Architecture for Humanity New York City Chapter, New York, NY, US, Akasha Project_Volunteer Designer
- Collaborated with 5 other designers to develop custom portable, lightweight wall partitions and lighting fixtures to help transform classrooms, office, and other industrial spaces into Yoga studios for the NY Akasha Project
Tishman Construction, AECOM, New York City, Intern
- Assisted with project management support duties including preparing and organizing drawings, contract submissions, and close out documents
- Developed a tracking system for the installation of the curtain wall including an automated spreadsheet and axonometric diagram
- Helped update the Revit structural model to track design and MEP changes according to unforeseen field conditions
- Provided the client with an analysis of union and employee data for their application for Federal Grant
- Designed and developed concept drawings, details, specs, and pricing for a partition wall system
UNC Dance Marathon, Chapel Hill, NC, US, Director of Corporate Marketing
- Led a 15 person committee in procuring corporate sponsorships valued over $10,000 for the 2011 Marathon.
- Organized meal logistics for over 1800 anticipated dancers including meal procurement valued over $7500.
- Designed and implemented a strategy for soliciting corporate donations from local businesses through a targeted incentive program
Overall Committee. 2010-2011
- Worked on a 13-person executive committee to manage the 501(c)3 non-profit
- Planned and orchestrated a year long fundraiser raising a record $436,709.61 for N.C. Children’s Hospital as part of a 1.0 million fund raising campaign for the local children’s hospital
S.T.A.R. Consulting Project, Chapel Hill, NC, US, Student Consultant
- Collaborated with MBA students and a senior consultant on a recommendation for the implementation
- Researched and analyzed potential demand through personal interviews, quantifiable online surveys, and secondary market analysis of a doughnut delivery service with a potential yield of $3.8M in annual pre-tax income for Krispy Kreme Inc.
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, US, Bachelors, Business Administration - Advertising Concentration at Kenan Flagler Business School
Awarded one of three $5000 Fellowship Grants are given for the following category:
The Student Grant supports an undergraduate or graduate student studying at Parsons The New School for Design.
My research aims at discovering the potential for composting toilets in urban areas, building case studies out of existing, though smaller scale, projects. The hypothesis is that architecture, particularly the design of the enclosure, has a role to play in the adoption of more ecologically sensitive sanitation methods.