I am a young, ambitious designer with a passion for design and construction. My experience in retail/commercial project management along with my knowledge of space planning and owner requirements are the foundation I want to grow upon in the architecture and construction industries.
Thor Equities, New York, NY, US, Assistant Project Manager/ Tenant Coordinator
- Managedtenantbuildoutsforover$520Millioninassets;overseeingprojectsfromlargefullstorebuildouts to small signage installations for multiple New York City properties including (but not limited to) 300 Livingston Street Brooklyn, NY and 88 Greenwich Street New York, NY, 693 Fifth Ave New York, NY, 590 Fifth Ave New York, NY, 445 Fifth Ave New York, NY, one property in Houston, TX and six Malls in different locations throughout the United States (Military Circle Mall, Cheltenham Mall, The Gallery at Beach Place, The Gallery at South Dekalb, Eastpoint Mall, and Macomb Mall).
- Managedrepairandrenovationprojectsforassetsvaluedat$201Million.Thisincludedtakingeachproject through A&E bidding, schematic design, design development, construction docs, contractor bidding, construction admin, and project closeout.
-Coordinatedwithdevelopmentdirectors,leasingmanagers,propertymanagers,buildingengineers,tenants, tenant projects managers, tenant A&E teams, tenant contractors and tenant sub-contractors to facilitate the completion of hundreds of projects of various sizes and scopes.
- AssistedinManagingthenewconstructionoftwonewbuildings;1232SurfAveand3015StillwellAvein Coney Island. In this capacity I assisted in bid leveling, including creating a bid reconciliation spreadsheet, answering RFI’s and conducting contractor project walkthroughs. My responsibilities also included attending weekly construction meetings and constant communication with the architect, site superintendant and general contractor’s project manager about any issues that arose. Additionally, I provided architectural insight over the course of construction to help prevent issues between the contactor and architect down the line.
- ManagedThorbasebuildingworkat300LivingstonStreet,Brooklyn,NY,inpursuitofaFinalCofO.This included closeout of all open electrical applications through the advisory board and BEC inspections.
- Created,updatedandmaintainedConstructionGuidelines,ConstructionRules&Regulations,SampleCOI documents, and the Construction Exhibit of our base Lease template.
- Astenantcoordinator,reviewedtenantsubmittedA&Eplansfor;constructability,theireffectonthebuilding and its tenants and compliance with the issued design guidelines.
- InordertocreatecompanybrandrecognitionImanagedthedesign,fabricationandinstallationofThor Plaques for all major assets.
- Createdretailerspecificstorerenderingsforoverthirtypropertiesandhundredsofretailerstoassistwith leasing negotiations and for inspiration and marketing purposes.
- ServedastheseniorCADoperator,creatingin-houseexhibits,siteplans,leaseplans,leaseoutlinedrawings and development plans.
- Reorganizedthecomputerfilestoragesystemtooptimizeaccessbymultiplepartiestoimportantdocuments and created email communication templates to communicate to tenants the various landlord submittal requirements, from plan approvals to contractor insurance review and approval.
- AssistedtheMarketingdepartmentincreating:sellsheets,marketingbooks,marketingbrochures,ICSC property books, company logo’s, property posters, leasing banners and barricade leasing graphics.
- AssistedPropertyManagementwithenforcingsafetyguidelinesamongtenantsandupdating/repairing building egress/service corridor’s electrical and life safety systems at 300 Livingston St. Brooklyn, NY.
Howard University, Washington, DC, US, BArch, Architecture
Howard University Trustee Scholarship (Recommended by the Interim Chair of the Department of Architecture Edward D. Dunson, Jr., AIA)
Howard University School of Architecture and Design Dean’s Honor Roll.
Completed Architectural Thesis on “New York City Public Housing Design”. Project was selected as one of 4 thesis projects on display in The James T. Sillcott Architecture and Design Gallery after final thesis presentations.
United Nations International School, New York, NY, US, High School, International Baccalaureate
Honors Math, Honors Physics, Honors Art.