Registered Architect with over 25 years of architectural experience in a wide variety of building types.
Martin Riley Associates, Decatur, GA, US, Studio Manager
Studio Manager of mid-sized firm specializing in wood-frame, multi-family housing projects, with a lesser emphasis on senior and assisted living housing. Performed a variety of duties:
• Project Manager - provided full project manager duties, including preparation of construction documents using AUTOCAD and construction administration duties. Contributed production assistance when needed for other projects. Created numerous sets of Specifications.
• Studio Manager - provided oversight and management of 12-person architectural staff that produced 35+/- projects per year throughout the Southeastern U.S.
• Quality Control - review and redline of all projects for code and programmatic compliance, general coordination, and design quality. This required a thorough understanding of accessibility, life safety, and building codes, as well as all federal and state requirements. Drawings were issued after my final approval.
McF Architects, Norcross, GA, US, Architect Manager
Architect Manager with three primary roles: Project Manager, manage production, manage personnel.
• Project Manager- responsible for production of construction documents (using AUTOCAD) and management of same. Personally produced approximately 35+/- projects in 15 different states, with construction costs ranging from $400K to nearly $20 MIL.
• Manage production - approximately 170+/- projects produced over 12 years, with construction costs ranging from $300K to over $20MIL. Met with clients to review construction documents whenever needed. Created production budgets and schedules for all projects, negotiated consultant fees, reviewed and approved consultant invoices, generated periodic reports detailing project costs and profitability, created weekly reports detailing project production status. Provided oversight of work produced by project architects, ensuring code compliance, proper coordination, and budget conformity. Review and redline of construction documents, assisted project architects in communications with local building officials, consultants, and contractors. Ensured proper and timely distribution of documents to various team members. Created and issued specifications as required for projects. Drawings issued after my approval.
• Manage personnel - review resumés, conduct interviews, conduct employee performance reviews, make recommendations with regard to hiring, salary adjustments, discipline and termination, enforce company policies, approve absences and vacations.
Stang & Newdow, Atlanta, GA, US, Architect
Project Architect – mid-sized firm whose typical projects were retail, office, warehouse, hospitality, adaptive reuse, planning, and a variety of special projects, including preparation of all architectural design work for the bid package submitted by Turkey to the International Olympic Committee for the 2000 Olympics. Responsible for the coordination, research, and development of projects through their various phases, including production of working drawings (using AUTOCAD) and specifications.
Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA, US, Bachelors, Architectural Engineering Technology
Design Award - Tommy Nobis Center, Award
Proposed new office / warehouse / manufacturing facility designed for handicapped work force.