see all...Viewing 3 out of 7 projects
I am an architectural designer in Minneapolis, MN, in the process of completing IDP requirements and working toward professional licensure. A graduate of Ball State University's College of Architecture and Planning (MArch and, BA in Architecture), my graduate studies focused on the social and environmental components of architectural design.
More information [portfolio, artwork, travel photography, resume] can be found on my website
Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative, Minneapolis, MN, US, Event Coordinator
Event planning and organization of table captains and guests for a 500-person fundraising luncheon.
Database entry, graphic design, social media content, guest registration, and volunteer communication.
The American Legion, Indianapolis, IN, US, Graphic Designer
Graphic designer at The American Legion national headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. Responsibilities include photo selection and editing for web news stories, monthly production of The American Legion Magazine page layouts, design of a monthly newspaper, and photo archiving.
Ball State Enery Action Team, Team Member
The Ball State Energy Action Team (BEAT) is a 5-student team working under the direction of the Campus Sustainability Specialist to implement and promote campus sustainability initiatives. Efforts revolved around the 1st and 2nd Residence Hall Energy Challenges and smaller supporting events. Promotions were focused where students already interact constantly: social media sites and other online sites.
Graphic design for posters, website, Daily News ads, competition status boards, and other marketing items
Brainstorming and implementing new ways to get students involved and committed to sustainable lifestyles
Monitoring electricity consumption and charting results during Residence Hall Energy Challenges.
Ball State University, Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant, College of Architecture and Planning for:
- ARCH 329 (History of Architecture 2) grading homework, research, presentation work.
- Foundation level (100-level courses) desk crits, documenting student work, creating education sheets for first-year students, working with a multi-professor/multi-student team
Heartland Design, Intern
Summer internship working in various stages of projects.
- Construction documents and specs
- Site measurements for as-builts and future work
- Interior layout plans
DLZ Indiana, Intern
Summer internship working with:
- RFIs and responses
- Traffic data gathering
- Hand-rendering of building addition for client
- Helped research and write Thoroughfare System Plan proposal submitted to city and county officials
Ball State University, MArch, Architecture
- Focus on sustainable humanitarian design work, including affordable housing and community facilities.
- Winner of the Estopinal Group Thesis Award, Honorable Mention, for exemplary thesis work.
- Summer 2010 month-long design study in Uruguay, Argentina, and Spain
Ball State University, Bachelors, Architecture
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Summer 2008 month-long study in France and Italy
Estopinal Group Thesis Award, Honorable Mention
Awarded for exemplary thesis work. Project: Indianapolis Water Stop, http://issuu.com/rastaley/docs/indianapolis-water-stop
H. Wayne Standerford Scholarship, Scholarship
Scholarship awarded 2009-2010 academic year
ICMA Design Competition Finalist, Other
Top 5 finalist
National Merit Scholarship, Scholarship
Scholarship awarded 2005-2009
Dean's List, Other
2005 - 2009