I am a recent graduate architect from Universidad Alcala de Henares in Madrid (Spain) and currently working as Junior Architect in Beijing as stated in my CV.
I believe I can bring a unique blend of skills due to my education. Through my working experience and educational background I have thoroughly challenged myself, reached high level of accomplishment and shared the learning experience with my team mates.
I have fulfilled the development of projects with broad and diverse complexity levels, specially using high graphic drawing skills and computerized design.
All the above have mingled with excellent team efforts that have materialized in the below achievements/awards:
- Collaboration in designing complex projects in my current job from concept to completition
- Presentation of my final project in the fifth course at the University Court formed by professors and students of architecture (Event: Confrontation between Universities at ETSAM)
- Second Prize in proposal project of the Coffee Bar of the Universidad de Alcalá
- Collaborations with the architect and professor at the University (Cristina de Jorge) during my studies.
I would also like to point out my Final Thesis Project; requirement for graduation as architect, but also fulfilling experience in detailed project design and execution. The project puts together the renewal of depressed urban areas while becoming a meeting point for all the neighbours through several multifunctional buildings (The Youth House, the Cultural Space and the Youth Hostel) that give purpose and new life to the neighbourhood.
My attached portfolio brings a detailed sample of my work that also can be found in my profesional blog (http://rociomy.blogspot.com.es/ or http://issuu.com/rocio_my)
Despite not having an extensive professional experience, I sincerely think I can contribute to your firm bringing:
- High graphic level in AutoCAD’s drawings, Photoshop photomontages and 3D computer design.
- Hard work, being able to work long hours a day
- Languages: Native Spanish/ Fluent English
Crystal CG, Beijing, CN, Junior Architect
• Architectural, Exhibition and Interior Designer
• Designer for several projects in early design phases.
• Member of a project team assisting senior architects in the running of projects from concept development to completion
• Generate ideas and design solutions collaboratively and independently.
• Production of sketch proposals through to detailed drawing packages
• Assisting with creation and delivering of presentations
Millan Padilla SL, Madrid, ES, Assistant Architect
•Processing Licenses ( development and coordination of projects, individual planning concept, preparations of building applications) / Architectural Projects (housing projects, commercial and sports buildings)
• Development of ideas, infographics and planning
Stock Projects S.L, Madrid, ES, Internship
•Design Competition: Bus Station in Avila (SPAIN) ( Development of the idea, graphic representation with plans, images and model)
•Sheet Layout for the presentation of architectural projects
Universidad de Alcalá, Alcalá, ES, Masters, Architecture
During Sept2008 to May2009 I got an intern from the University to work with the Architectural Design Department with Cristina de Jorge (Architect and UAH professor) , developing the following functions:
• Mentorship of student projects
• Research on materials and innovative construction techniques
• Public presentations of personal projects
• Conducting a database of the best projects
Rice University, Houston, TX, US, ESL
ESL Program. (English as a Second Language, Level 5)