Experienced business development and project leader with an established track record of strategizing and executing business initiatives and programs. Having developed targeted, revenue-driven projects for Disney, Jones Apparel and as owner of VK Consulting, I have a proven ability to analyze an organization’s critical business requirements, identifying deficiencies and potential opportunities. I strategize and lead critical business deliverables with sensitive timelines, launch new business opportunities and develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for enhancing competitiveness, increasing revenues and improving the client experience.
VK Consulting, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, Consultant/Principal
Lead business development efforts for organizations to identify and complete critical projects that advance, improve and streamline the ability to conduct business while increasing market share. Project management of key projects tied to strategic business plans.
Jones Apparel Group, New York, NY, US, Senior Manager
Led branded retail development by expanding corporate retail store portfolio throughout the U.S. Provided leadership and insight to internal partners throughout the development process. Implemented work process improvements and operational efficiencies that lead to 8% increase in productivity while reducing employee workloads. Successfully led a $5 million dollar tenant improvement program of 600+ retail stores in just 45 days.
The Walt Disney Company, Lake Buena Vista, FL, US, Marketing Project Manager
WALT DISNEY PARKS and RESORTS, Lake Buena Vista, FL 1990 -2007
Led the development, implementation, and management of strategic and tactical marketing programs, focusing on a national brand strategy, product, and content across the assigned business segment in order to achieve financial growth and profit targets. Managed brand creative efforts to support MARCOM strategies and loyalty programs. Tracked key performance indicators (KPI’s), including repeat Guest revenues, prospective Guest capture rate and travel behaviors to devise strategies while managing creative developed with partner advertising agencies. Developed and implemented new business initiatives that generated incremental sales revenues.
Successfully defined marketing strategy and facilitated project execution across multiple touch points including brand-related initiatives, internet, customer service, strategic alliances & partnerships, media, and public relations. Translated customer insights into successful marketing programs with a high degree of creativity to develop new and compelling ways to reach and communicate to consumers. Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines. Partnered with sales leadership to develop strategic business plans to drive visitation tied directly to incremental revenue plans.
Developed and guided business development strategies, both long-term and immediate to increase market share. These include establishing and managing corporate budgets, establishing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures, project workloads and schedules, overseeing specific creative projects and their budgets, design development and execution of new store projects, resource allocation of existing staff and outside contractors and related vendors.
• Plan and executed annual marketing plans focused on targeted market research, focus groups, industry trends and past performance indicators.
• Expanded corporate retail store portfolio in key environments that increased sales revenues by 15% annually.
• Launched new sales & marketing operation onto DISNEY CRUISE LINE generating an incremental $3.5 million within its first year of operation.
• Introduced new marketing communications and sales operation within a 14-week timeframe that generated over $6 million within the first six months of operation at the DISNEYLAND Resort.
• Evaluated and implemented strategic turn-around strategies of underperforming sales channels that increased profitability by 10%+ annually.
• Developed and executed branded marketing campaigns supporting sales initiatives of five new resort hotel developments.
• Created domestic and international events in key markets generating incremental membership sales.
• Strategic synergy partner with internal business units (DISNEY CRUISE LINE, WALT DISNEY IMAGINEERING, DISNEY CONSUMER PRODUCTS, HYPERION PUBLISHING, DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS, etc).
University of Maryland, College Park, MD, US, Business Administration
Business Administration/ Marketing Strategies