Ann Taylor Inc., New York, NY, US, Project Manager - Western Region - Independant Contractor
Partner with Architects, Engineers, Landlords, General Contractors and internal team for new Loft and Factory store roll-out. Manage General Contractors jobsite progress daily to ensure project completion dates. Lead change order process to maintain established budgets. Coordinate field RFI’s for quick response to resolve jobsite issues. Supervise jobsite completion punchlist. Manage closeout process.
• Overcame delays in scheduled store opening dates due to mistakes on Architectural/Mechanical plans as a result of removal of 10 weeks in the overall project timeline by internal team.
• Project completion dates met within budget requirements.
Trainor Commercial Construction, Inc., San Anselmo, CA, US, Project Manager
Directed union and non-union construction projects nationwide. Collaborated with Clients, Architects, Engineers, Landlords, Contractors, Subcontractors and internal teams. Served as a liaison with Building Management Teams, Planning, and Building Departments. Developed and administered budgets. Coordinated project scheduling. Contract procurement and negotiation. Partnered daily with Site Supervisors to solve problems and ensure proper contract implementation. Secured the creation and approval of delta sets of drawings. Managed change order processes for field conditions and client requests. Created construction punchlist documentation and supervised outstanding punchlist items until completion. Prepared closeout documentation. Developed procedural & informational manuals for jobsite and internal teams.
• Reduced operating costs by developing project management procedures.
• Consistently delivered all client projects within established timelines and budget requirements
Illuminations, Petaluma, CA, US, Director of Store Planning
Supervised new store site survey analyses. Developed schematics and initial store layouts with Architects. Created preliminary drawings for new fixture design. Designed floor plans for remodels. Secured design concept approval from Building Management and internal teams. Developed new store and remodeling project budgeting. Led bid development and contract negotiations. Coordinated scheduling. Built and retained vendor base. Developed new store opening operations and procedural manual.
• Decreased construction costs by 25% through ongoing attention to value engineering for new materials and key design planning.
• Decreased pre-opening budget by 30% by restructuring the Store Opening Teams.
• Reduced expenses by implementing in-house Maintenance and Construction Management Teams
Academy Of Art University, San Francisco, CA, US, Architectural Design
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, Interior Design