Brandon J. Smart
220-21 77th Avenue, Oakland Gardens, NY 11364
I earned my Master of Architecture Degree in June 2013 from the New School of Architecture & Design in San Diego, CA. My goal is to secure a permanent position where I can utilize and expand my skills of design marketing and managing projects within a corporate office. I have three summers of architecture intern experience in the NYC area at Woods Bagot, Interior Architects (IA), and TranSystems. Key strengths include:
• Capable of leading high performing teams under tough deadlines, to meet expectations of customers.
• Problem solver – Creativity and forethought in solving complex project issues.
• Designer – Aware of customer requirements and developing creative solutions for dynamic products/media
• Digital – Knowledgeable in digital marketing trends and visual representation of media advertisement to portray products image. Formulating media solutions built on solid business objectives and market smart strategy, harnessing the power of digital, and delivered through innovation, creativity, and visual excellence
• Service oriented – “People person” and a team player, self-starter, trustworthy, and efficient.
• Strong communication, networking, multi-tasking, and online social media skills.
ARCHITECTURAL PORTFOLIO: Graduate & Undergraduate Works
THESIS BOOK: Adaptable Form & Rebirth of Function (issue link for viewing & drop box link for PDF download)
GRADUATE PORTFOLIO (issue link for viewing & dropbox link for PDF download)
UNDERGRADUATE PORTFOLIO (dropbox link for PDF download)
Woods Bagot Architects PC, New York, NY, US, Junior Digital Designer
I was hired at Woods Bagot as the Digital Designer at the New York office in Manhattan. Responsibilities included composing all the AutcoCAD drawing sets, 3D models of all the projects in Rhino 3D modeling, renders in V-Ray, and producing all the presentation final layouts in Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign). Woods Bagot gave me the opportunity to be a team member for some of their larger scale projects, which consisted of several skyscraper designs around the world.
IA Interior Architects, New York, NY, US, Architectural Junior Designer
Worked on Diverse Projects producing AutoCAD drawing sets, 3D models, renderings (V-Ray), and prepared final presentation layouts for clients (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator). Attended several material, furniture, textile, and sustainability proposals and seminars expanding my knowledge of modern interior design.
TranSystems, Inc., Norwalk, CT, US, Junior Architect Intern
• Designed Hudson News retail space at JFK International Airport providing new store layout to maximize magazine facings while optimizing traffic flow.
• JetBlue terminal project at JFK, I worked side-by-side with engineer on AutoCAD architectural details and DD drawings for this large scale project. There was continual positive feedback from TransSystems management. They were very pleased with my capacity to deliver high quality work in half the time they expected due to my computer experience.
NewSchool of Architecture + Design, San Diego, CA, US, MArch, Architecture
Graduate GPA of 3.51 and received NSAD Presidents’ Provost Award for High Academic Honors.
I built a strong individual style of design responsive to realistic forces and construction methods.
Courses taken: Design Studio, Urban History, Urban Issues, Programming, Professional Practice, Construction Documents, Environmental Science (1,2,3, and 4), Longspan Structures, Comparative Structures, Furniture Design, Codes, Seismic, Environmental Psychology, Architectural Criticism, Mixed Media, Digital Modeling & Rendering for Rhino, Revit 3D modeling, Theory of Architecture, Thesis Research, and Thesis Design Studio.
State university at buffalo, Buffalo, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Received Hyatt Architecture Award in December 2007 – recognized as one of the top 5 freshman architecture students. Self taught Rhinoceros 4.0, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and AutoCAD 3D. Courses taken: Design Studio I thru VI, Urban Studies, AutoCAD, Calculus, Physics, English I & II,Structures I & II, Architectural History I & II and World Civilization I & II.