My name is Jason Morales, I will be graduating from the New Jersey Institute of Technology May 2013 and I am looking for a professional work environment where I can grow as a professional architect and learn as a designer. As a man passionate about design, I believe that architecture is the heart of any building and without it buildings would just bodies without a soul to drive it. It is the art of designing spaces using conceptual ideas for the well being of people and their functional needs. Architecture must endure the environmental over time through durable materials, sustainable design, and energy efficiency. Architects are the coordinators that gather all the professions of construction into one cohesive unit.
I personally am trying to find my own way and design as an architect and to one day design my own complex building, skyscraper, stadium or even museum. Right now I am researching a style I like to call COMPLEMENTARY architecture:
it is the idea of taking two or more contrasting elements that have a natural affinity with each other and when combined, not only do they create an aesthetic complement but a conceptual idea as well. Alone these elements have good qualities when building but when combined in complement to one another, these elements enhance and emphasis each other’s qualities to become something great.
Inglese Architecture & Engineering, East Rutherford, NJ, US, Internship
As the winner of the Habitat for Humanity Paterson design competition my job at Inglese Architecture and Engineering was to assist in creating the planning board and construction documents for the winning prototype home. As the summer progressed i assisted in:
• Drafted plans, sections, elevations, detailed call outs, plumbing, structural, electrical, soil erosion and sediment control, radon, egress, drawings in AutoCAD for planning board, design development, and construction document phase
• Production of planning board set drawings with knowledge of zoning ordinances
• Revision letters, electrical calculations, delivery of drawings, landscape cost analysis
• Generated and rendered 3-D models of single family housing projects in Autodesk Revit
• Energy Star ver. 2.0 blower door and duct blaster on site testing and paper work documentation
• Documented existing conditions in field and smoke alarm system testing and pressure readings
• Development of construction documents for Habitat for Humanity Paterson prototype housing
• REM/Rate modeling
• Product specifying
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, US, BArch, Architecture
Dean's List Fall 2008-2012, Spring 2009-2013
Habitat for Humanity Paterson_ Prototype Design Competition Winner 2012, 1st Place
59 Godwin Avenue Residential Building Currently Under Construction
Student Design Consultant: Design three affordable energy star rated homes. Consulted with engineers, professional architects, habitat managers, and clients. Estimated costs, energy analysis, material selection, and sustainable systems.