Being born and raised in Milan, I have always been fascinated by fashion and design. I have always dreamt about blending the two subjects in my work, in order to create a dramatic and moving space, able to incorporate fashion, design and even cinema in its design.
Living now in New York, and growing up in Milan, I had the possibility to visit some of the most magnificent retail stores and boutiques in the world and be affected by the masterly use of colors, transparencies, patterns and materials.
I have been fortunate to have had experience in both the art and design worlds. During my college years I worked as creative production assistant for Planetaria Hotels in Milan, where I participated in designing some of the hotels of the Italian chain and learned how to create environments that support a company’s brand image. After my graduation from Politecnico di Milano with a bachelor degree in Interior Design, I worked for FZI s.n.c., an interior design company based in Milan, where I created design concepts for spas and hotels, and organized events. After moving to Los Angeles, I had a job in two different art galleries, where I was asked to design contemporary art exhibitions, manage the artworks and plan openings and events.
Currently, at Giorgio Armani, I am designing retail environments that communicate Armani's philosophy and the continuous research for elegance and harmony of the brand. In addition, I manage visual concepts and budgets for high-profile events, relationships with vendors and purchase of visual props for the retail and wholesale doors nationwide.
My creativity was stimulated, in part, by my travels in India, Peru and North Africa and from living in three different cities: Milan, Los Angeles and New York.
My M.A. in Exhibition Design at Fashion Institute of Technology has prepared me to create stimulating spaces, able to engage and emotionally touch the visitor. Like Jan Lorenc said, "from museum exhibitions, retail spaces and expositions, exhibition design involves itself in creating experiences in real time, utilizing space, movement, and memory to facilitate multilayered communication". This ability to tell stories and physically shape the experience creating environments that communicate, is the most powerful medium to deliver narratives to human beings.
Giorgio Armani, New York, NY, US, Visual Services Assistant
- Plan and design events in collaboration with companies and foundations as L’Oreal and the Vintage Club
- Design merchandising strategies for new store openings and fashion changes for window installations
- Create visual concepts for new store openings, events and existing doors nationwide
- Manage and coordinate Haute Couture Prive’ events for Autumn/Winter 2012
Giorgio Armani, New York, NY, US, Visual Merchandising Intern
- Assisted in planning, designing and purchasing of retail props for over 30 doors nationwide
- Designed visual concepts for new store openings, events and existing doors nationwide
- Assisted VP with presentations and coordinator in visual payment filing and logistics scheduling
Grand Central Art Center, Santa Ana, CA, US, Exhibition Design Intern
- Designed exhibition space for different contemporary art shows such as “Steampunk: The Beginning”
- Assisted in the installation process: from receiving, handling, final placement to the shipping of sold artwork
- Completed and produced condition reports to assess artwork and damage due to installation
Begovich Gallery, Fullerton, CA, US, Exhibition Design Intern
- Designed exhibition space for different contemporary art shows such as Manuel Pardo’s “Stardust”
- Proposed prospective exhibition shows to the board of trustees
FZI Interior Design, Milan, IT, Interior Design Intern
- Designed floor plans, elevations and details for working drawings
- Created mood, color and material boards for client presentations
- Produced models, hand drawings and brochures for hotel and spa design concept presentations
Planetaria Hotels, Milan, IT, Creative Production Assistant
- Worked with senior designers in concept generation and sourcing of manufacturers and suppliers
- Designed and produce models for interior furniture
- Organized openings and events for different hotels of the luxury chain
Associazione Allarmi Gallery, Como, IT, Art Gallery Intern
- Supervised small artwork sales and bookstore
- Ensured functioning of complex art installations
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, NY, US, Masters, Exhibition Design
California State University, Fullerton, Fullerton, CA, US, Exhibition Design
Politecnico di Milano, Milan, IT, Bachelors, Interior Design
Missoni Home - Un living per me, 1st Place
Award for the best living space design with Missoni Home products and inspired by the movie LadyHawk.