see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
My name is Nupur Shah and I’m an Interior Design Degree graduate from the New England School of Art and Design at Suﬀolk University.
Summary of relevant qualiﬁcation:
* Educational Experience: I have design exposure to a diverse set of spaces, including residential, retail, oﬃce, hospitality and healthcare. Relevant projects I have completed include, an ADA Accessible Bridge Wellness Center, a theme based cafe, thesis project of ADA accessible Cardiac Rehabilitation center and a green, sustainable hotel design (ADA). I have a strong technical skills base in using Auto-CAD, Revit, Sketch up and Adobe Suite (Windows & Mac- more than 3 years). I have also taken some Graphic Design courses to enhance my presentation skills.
* Hospitality and Residential Design Experience: Summer internship with J/Brice design international. Experience with construction documents, control sheets, speciﬁcation sheets and material and ﬁnishes in designing a hotel and a high end residential space.
* Project Management: Working as an Interior Design Assistant in Facilities Planning and Management, Suﬀolk University for the past year, has given me opportunity to coordinate with the consultants and manage renovation projects. In this role, I’ve routinely handled designing of signage to provide directional guidance, taken responsibility for artwork maintenance.
* Customer Service: 5 years of dedicated customer service experience as a physical therapist and 2 years of experience as an Interior designer have helped me hone my communication and have given me the ability to understand client needs, which are a must for a successful interior designer.
These diﬀerent roles have helped open my eyes to the design opportunities and have given me a clear understanding of the many aspects of a successful design. I have participated with extracurricular activities including participating in IIDA sustainable design competiti on and PAVE Sephora competiti on. Hotel Nourish, a project submitted by myself and my teammate, was awarded the 1st runner’s up prize by A’Design Award Competition.
My prior experience as an intern and design assistant has prepared me to work with teams, work under close deadlines and deliver with quality. I have been proﬁcient in preparing construction documents, 3D renderings and diagrammatic illustration for presentations.
I believe my talents and experience make me a competitive, detail oriented and energetic candidate for a design position. This would also provide me with an excellent insight into the interior design ﬁeld, which a classroom setting cannot duplicate. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to learn more about the company and receive hands-on experience working with professionals in the company. Please consider me when looking for creative, talented and self motivated individuals. The enclosed resume gives further information on my skills associated with this ﬁeld.
Thank you for your consideration. Reference will be provided on request.
Suffolk University - Facilities Planning and Management, Boston, MA, US, Interior Design Assistant
- Manage University renovation projects.
- Obtain quotes from vendors, participate in bidding for construction as well as coordination of
consultants and contractors, construction management and furniture installation.
- Selection and specification of furniture, materials and finishes.
- Participate in schematic design and design development for university projects.
J Brice Design International, Boston, MA, US, Interior Desiggn Intern
- Checked and entered Furniture and Plumbing Specification Data in the drawing
- Collaborated and assisted in designs, color palette, millwork, finishes, plumbing and lighting,
furnishing and material
- Creating and checking Auto CAD plans and layout for hotel and apartment project
- Organized control sheets for hotel project
- Scanning and printing work.
- Designed and created Material boards
Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA, US, Library Assistant
- Responsible for the circulation of books and media
- Labelled and updated books and maintained collections
- Re-shelved and archived the books
Suffolk University - New England School of Art and Design, Boston, MA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Bachelors of Fine Arts Major in Interior Design
Related courses: Residential Studio Design, Interior Design Communication and Advance
Interior Design Communication, Contract Design-1 & 2, Lighting, Materials &
Finishes, Furniture Design,Construction Documents, Foundation of Graphic
design, Typography, Senior programming
Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, IN, Bachelors, Physiotherapy
1st runner up A'design Award, Award
1st Runner up A'Design Interior Spaces and Exhibition Design Award
Hotel Nourish- Lobby, Bistro, Guestrooms
PAVE Sephora, 1st Place
Designed a retail space for Sephora pop up store. It was a team project (two persons in each team) of 5 weeks. We successfully designed the space maintaining the aesthetics of the brand.