My name is Nupur Shah, currently a senior Interior Design student at the New England School of Art and Design at Suffolk University.
Summary of relevant qualification:
* Educational Experience: I have design exposure to a diversity of spaces, including residential, retail, office, hospitality and healthcare with using the technical skills like AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch up and Adobe Suite. Relevant projects I have completed include, an ADA Accessible Bridge Wellness Centre, a theme based cafe, thesis project of cardiac rehabilitation centre and a green, sustainable hotel design.
* Hospitality and Residential Design Experience: Summer internship with J/Brice design international. Experience with construction documents, control sheets, specification sheets and material and finishes.
* Customer Service: 5 years of dedicated customer service experience as a physical therapist and six months of experience as an Interior designer have helped me hone my communication and have given me the ability to understand client’s needs, which are a must for a successful interior designer.
These have helped open my eyes to the design opportunities and have also given me a clear understanding of the many aspects of a successful design. I have involved with extracurricular activities including participating in IIDA sustainable design competition and PAVE sephora competition. I am also preparing for LEED green certification. My prior experience as an intern and design assistant has prepared me to work with teams, work under close deadlines and deliver with quality. I have been proficient in preparing construction documents, 3D renderings and diagrammatic illustration for presentations.
Along with my professional experience my software skills range from Auto CAD, Autodesk Revit, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office,etc. The enclosed resume gives further information on my skills associated with this field.
I believe my talents and experience make me a competitive candidate for an internship within a design company. This would also provide me with an excellent insight into the interior design field, which a classroom setting cannot duplicate. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to learn more about the design company and receive hands-on experience with successful individuals working in a company. Please consider me when looking for creative and motivated designers.
Thank you for your consideration.
Suffolk University - Facilities Planning and Management, Boston, MA, US, Interior Design Assistant
- Manage University renovation projects.
- Obtain quotes from vendors, participate in bidding for construction as well as coordination of
consultants and contractors, construction management and furniture installation.
- Selection and specification of furniture, materials and finishes.
- Participate in schematic design and design development for university projects.
J Brice Design International, Boston, MA, US, Interior Desiggn Intern
- Checked and entered Furniture and Plumbing Specification Data in the drawing
- Collaborated and assisted in designs, color palette, millwork, finishes, plumbing and lighting,
furnishing and material
- Creating and checking Auto CAD plans and layout for hotel and apartment project
- Organized control sheets for hotel project
- Scanning and printing work.
- Designed and created Material boards
Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA, US, Library Assistant
- Responsible for the circulation of books and media
- Labelled and updated books and maintained collections
- Re-shelved and archived the books
Suffolk University - New England School of Art and Design, Boston, MA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Candidate for Bachelors of Fine Arts Major in Interior Design
Minor in Graphic Design
Related courses: Residential Studio Design, Interior Design Communication and Advance
Interior Design Communication, Contract Design-1 & 2, Lighting, Materials &
Finishes, Furniture Design,Construction Documents, Foundation of Graphic
design, Typography, Senior programming
Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, IN, Bachelors, Physiotherapy