I am Interior Designer with 7 years of experience in the commercial architecture and design field. My expertise is in interior space planning and finish selection, interior elevations and millwork drawings, as well as accessible parking and restroom requirements. I am interested in obtaining a challenging and rewarding interior design position in a fast paced architectural and design firm.
Arc Tec, Inc., San Jose, CA, US, Interior Designer/Job Captain
- Met with clients to develop program requirements for tenant improvement projects ranging in size from 3,000 S.F. to 40,000 S.F.
- Worked closely with the Project Manager to create space plans and layouts based on complex program requirements.
- Made preliminary and final finish presentations to clients.
- Prepared construction documentation for floor and reflected ceiling plans, interior elevations, materials and finishes plans, building access/egress, accessible parking, and vicinity maps.
- Assessed code issues such as preliminary occupant and exiting plans, and plumbing calculations.
- Performed Construction Administration duties including review of finishes, fixtures and millwork shop drawing submittals, final project walk-through and punch lists.
- Maintained contact with manufacturer’s representatives and organized the interiors finish library.
Comstock Johnson Architects, Sacramento, CA, US, Interior Designer
- Created bubble diagrams and space plans based on client requirements.
- Interpreted client requests and developed drawings for client approval.
- Prepared construction documents showing floor and reflected ceiling plans, interior elevations, as well as accessible parking and building access, site plans, and vicinity maps.
- Examined relevant building codes while preparing plans and construction documents.
- Attended Building Codes class, Cosumnes River College, 2006
University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, US, Bachelors, Interior Architecture
Coursework Included: Advanced Interior Architecture, Materials and Specifications for Interior Architecture, Drafting & Perspective, History of Modern Design, Design Media, Computer Assisted Drawing & Presentation (Vectorworks)
Bishop Union Highschool, Bishop, CA, US, High School, AP Program