I am writing to apply for a landscape architect, as advertised in your web page. I am quite willing to relocate. I would very much welcome the opportunity to work.
I majored in landscape architecture and went to graduate school at Kyunghee university. I worked as a landscape architect, I tried hard to work and got the abilities of landscape designing, detail drawing and computer skills in the landscape design offices about 3 years, after then I have been worked and built the skills for Dohwa Engineers Co. in Seoul, the best company of Korea during 6 years, a total of 9 years.
I used to work that my job involves analyzing, planning and designing cities, resorts, various kinds of parks, gardens, waterfronts, golf courses and so on. I usually take overall responsibility for many projects.
The characteristics of works with the plan and design in South Korea rely mostly on P.Q(Pre-Qualification). Therefore, we always have a relationship with the client. For example, before starting the project, we hand in the pre-made P.Q documents, so eventually the project is a quite favorable condition for us. In this way, it is difficult to be realized a very unique and innovative design in practical progress. I would like to hands-on work and vigor in young. If I work there, I will get variety and unique project working chances.
I can summarize who I am in three words, challenge, hardworking and positive. Firstly, I love the opportunity to learn new things that are challenging and I am a quick learner, open minded, flexible and reliable. I am willing to learn and always looking forward to something new. And I can work hard to achieve my goals on time. I can do the job well as I am a hard working person. Lastly, I have a positive attitude and always try to find new ways to do the work. And I am an optimistic and self confident person.
As for me, I have gone through these experiences. I would like to go out the world stage and working in a foreign company. So I quit my job and I have been studying English in London since March 2012. I have already lots of experiences and abilities. I also have a passion for landscape architecture than anyone else. I will be able to do all my best at working.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Chang Hui, LEE
DOHWA Engineering Co. Ltd, Seoul, KR, Senior landscape architect / Designer
- Worked as a senior landscape architect for the landscape architecture department
- Apply proven knowledge of the plans, designs and technical aspects of the ability to compile design and contract documentation with support from the management
- Manage, control and produce project tasks and documentation to meet prescribed, standards procedures and deadlines
- Take responsibility for obtaining client approvals/sign off for the work carried out and inform concerned director for timely submission of invoices
- Work with other project team members to arrange the better solutions for client projects
DOORE Landscape Design Co, Seoul, KR, Junior landscape architect / Designer
- Worked as a junior landscape architect
- Provide support, guidance and direction as part of team(approx. 3-4 people) through projects, tasks, responsibilities and deadlines
- Complete drafting assignments by applying standardized design techniques a portion of a project, and working from the designs of others
- Assist in the implementation of landscape design details
- Contribute to presentations and report development for clients
TOMOON Architects & Engineers Co, Seoul, KR, Junior landscape architect / Designer
- Worked as a junior landscape designer for the landscape architecture department
- Assist in the production of drawings including planting plans, grading, and drainage plans
- Produce graphic renderings from schematics by hand or computer software
- Provide and assist in gathering data or research as necessitated by a project
Kyunghee University, Seoul, KR, Masters, Landscape architecture
Sangmyung University, Seoul, KR, Bachelors, Landscape architecture
Selected, 1st Place
1ST Korea Landscape Architectural Design Competition / The Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture