I have 3 years experience, more recently at Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, and am looking for new challenges.
During the two years at RSHP I have worked on a variety of projects including a two-commercial-towers scheme in Bogota which is currently under construction, a competition for the new Mexican Airport, and a FIFA National Football Stadium in Caracas. This experience at RSHP has allowed me to learn how large scale projects evolve through their stages, undertaking coordination of 3D models and plans within the team. Most importantly I have absorbed new design knowledge from all the talented professionals I have worked alongside.
I graduated in Architecture on 2012 from one of the most prestigious universities in Spain, the Polytechnic University in Madrid. Here I designed a ‘Vertical Greenhouse’ in Barcelona as my final project. The result became a hybrid building between architecture and infrastructure with deep sustainable implications for the city at different scales. This project shows my believe that architecture, design and industry in general should learn from nature and embrace biomimicry to deal with the major resource challenges we face today.
During this period I complemented my studies with professional experience through several internships and freelance work. I worked in the restoration of a high value old building in Madrid and collaborated as an architect at the renowned firm Estudio Lamela. Here I was involved in the technical design for the Chicho Fabrega Hospital in Panama, and undertook an internship as a quantity surveyor at Ferrovial, where I supervised the construction process of an office building on-site. As a freelancer, I collaborated with the architecture collective group ‘Taller de Casquería’ on the construction of a small greenhouse and worked on a housing development competition as part of a venture with a small developer.
I am an enthusiastic, sociable and creative individual who applies himself completely to the task in hand. I have excellent communication skills and, whilst being a strong team player, I am capable of working independently. I promote architecture that is able to reach the highest standards in environmental efficiency while managing to maintain design proficiency.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, London, GB, Part II. Architectural Assistant
National Football Stadium of Venezuela (Caracas)
- FIFA national football stadium and a park masterplan.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 3.
- Team: partner, project architect, 6 architects, and PA.
- Main role: detail layout of the accomodation to meet FIFA requirements.
- Duties involved general strategy, uses, circulation, plans and sections layout, partitions detailing and 3D model coordination.
Centro Internacional, ATRIO (Bogota)
- Public space masterplan and two mixed use towers.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 2 - 4.
- Team: partner, project architect, 14 architects, project manager and PA.
- Main role: coordinating the BIM model and the extracted plans.
- Duties involved vertical transportation strategy (coordinated with consultant), core design (NFPA Code), plans layout, uses and area schedules (BOMA Measurement Standards), RCPs detail package, lifts tender package and 3D model coordination.
Bimaran Inmobiliaria & Eloy Diez Arquitectos, Madrid, ES, Architect
- Competition design for a housing development in Arroyomolinos, Madrid.
Freelance, Madrid, ES, Collaboration architecture design
Collaboration with the architecture collective group ‘Taller de Casquería’.
- Design and execution of an urban collective farm in the Faculty of Fine Arts in Madrid.
Estudio Lamela, Madrid, ES, architect intern
Hospital Luis Chicho Fábrega (Panama)
- Extension of a large public hospital.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 4.
- Duties involve partitions detail design, 3D modelling, and facade schedules.
Housing development (Madrid)
- Construction and redesign queries.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 5.
- Duties involve area schedules, commercial datasheets and lobby detail design.
FAU USP, São Paulo, BR, landscape architect intern
- Analysis of the landscape and social impact of the layout of a new highway in Sâo Paulo in collaboration with Professor Dr. Euler Sandevile Júnior at the Landscape Department of FAU University in Sâo Paulo.
Ferrovial, Madrid, ES, Technical architect intern
- Supervision of measurements, budgets ans structure placement in the construction site of an office building in Madrid.
Pablo Fernandez & Pablo Redondo Arquitectos, Madrid, ES, Architect intern
- Fieldwork and design support for the rehabilitation of an old apartment building of historic and cultural value in Madrid.
Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid (ETSAM), Madrid, ES, BArch, Architecture
Bachelor and Master Degree in Architecture.
- Distinction grade in studio prjects
University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, BR, BArch, Architecture
Magallâes scholarship exchange program.
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Future Noir
'Future Noir' course related to future urban planning and science fiction.
British Council School, Madrid, ES, High School, High School Diploma
-High School Diploma.
-Cambridge University examinations: IGCSEs, AS Levels and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
-'Comunidad de Madrid scholarship for students promoting high performances' for scoring an A+ grade in High School.
Housing development competition, 2nd Place
2nd prize for the competition of a housing development in Arroyomolinos, Madrid. (In collaboration with Eloy Diez Arquitectos & Bimaran Inmobiliaria)
Magallâes Scholarship, Scholarship
Magallâes Scholarship exchange program for studying in FAU USP in Sâo Paulo for one year.
Link Tokyo-Madrid, Other
Selected work for the publication of a collaboration between faculties from Tokyo and Madrid consisting on an urban and architectural interpretation of both cities.
'Comunidad de Madrid scholarship for students promoting high performances', Scholarship
Award given by the Comunidad de Madrid for scoring an A+ grade in High School.