Ramon’s experience in the Architectural industry amounts to 3 years. He is currently employed at the practice RSHP but is looking for new and challenging experiences.
During the almost two years he has worked at this office he has tackled a nice variety of projects at different stages: a two mixed use towers scheme in Bogota, currently in construction, a competition for the new Mexican Airport and a National Football Stadium for Venezuela in Caracas. This experience in a big professional office has allowed him to learn how big scale projects are lead throughout their phases, undertaking coordination of 3D models and their related 2D set of plans within the team. Most of all he has absorbed new design knowledge from all the talented professionals he has been surrounded by.
Recently before this, he graduated in architecture from the most prestigious university in Spain, the Polytechnic University in Madrid where he designed a “Vertical Greenhouse” in Barcelona as his final thesis. This resulted in a great understanding of urban farming, hydroponic agriculture, urban ecosystems and biomimicry design. During this period he was able to complement his studies with professional experience through several internships at renown spanish firms such as Estudio Lamela, freelance work and competitions.
Ramon is an enthusiastic, sociable and creative individual and applies himself totally to the task in hand. He has excellent comunication skills and while being a strong team player, he is fully able to utilise self-initiative and work alone.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, London, GB, Part II. Architectural Assistant
National Football Stadium of Venezuela (Caracas)
- FIFA national football stadium and a park masterplan.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 3.
- Team: partner, project architect, 6 architects, and PA.
- Main role: detail layout of the accomodation to meet FIFA requirements.
- Duties involved general strategy, uses, circulation, plans and sections layout, partitions detailing and 3D model coordination.
Centro Internacional, ATRIO (Bogota)
- Public space masterplan and two mixed use towers.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 2 - 4.
- Team: partner, project architect, 14 architects, project manager and PA.
- Main role: coordinating the BIM model and the extracted plans.
- Duties involved vertical transportation strategy (coordinated with consultant), core design (NFPA Code), plans layout, uses and area schedules (BOMA Measurement Standards), RCPs detail package, lifts tender package and 3D model coordination.
Bimaran Inmobiliaria & Eloy Diez Arquitectos, Madrid, ES, Architect
- Competition design for a housing development in Arroyomolinos, Madrid.
Freelance, Madrid, ES, Collaboration architecture design
Collaboration with the architecture collective group ‘Taller de Casquería’.
- Design and execution of an urban collective farm in the Faculty of Fine Arts in Madrid.
Estudio Lamela, Madrid, ES, architect intern
Hospital Luis Chicho Fábrega (Panama)
- Extension of a large public hospital.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 4.
- Duties involve partitions detail design, 3D modelling, and facade schedules.
Housing development (Madrid)
- Construction and redesign queries.
- Equivalent RIBA Stage 5.
- Duties involve area schedules, commercial datasheets and lobby detail design.
FAU USP, São Paulo, BR, landscape architect intern
- Analysis of the landscape and social impact of the layout of a new highway in Sâo Paulo in collaboration with Professor Dr. Euler Sandevile Júnior at the Landscape Department of FAU University in Sâo Paulo.
Ferrovial, Madrid, ES, Technical architect intern
- Supervision of measurements, budgets ans structure placement in the construction site of an office building in Madrid.
Pablo Fernandez & Pablo Redondo Arquitectos, Madrid, ES, Architect intern
- Fieldwork and design support for the rehabilitation of an old apartment building of historic and cultural value in Madrid.
Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Madrid (ETSAM), Madrid, ES, BArch, Architecture
Bachelor and Master Degree in Architecture.
-Average grade in studio: A
University of São Paulo (USP), São Paulo, BR, BArch, Architecture
Magallâes scholarship exchange program.
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Future Noir
'Future Noir' course related to future urban planning and science fiction.
British Council School, Madrid, ES, High School, High School Diploma
-High School Diploma.
-Cambridge University examinations: IGCSEs, AS Levels and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
-'Comunidad de Madrid scholarship for students promoting high performances' for scoring an A+ grade in High School.
Housing development competition, 2nd Place
2nd prize for the competition of a housing development in Arroyomolinos, Madrid. (In collaboration with Eloy Diez Arquitectos & Bimaran Inmobiliaria)
Magallâes Scholarship, Scholarship
Magallâes Scholarship exchange program for studying in FAU USP in Sâo Paulo for one year.
Link Tokyo-Madrid, Other
Selected work for the publication of a collaboration between faculties from Tokyo and Madrid consisting on an urban and architectural interpretation of both cities.
'Comunidad de Madrid scholarship for students promoting high performances', Scholarship
Award given by the Comunidad de Madrid for scoring an A+ grade in High School.