MINH T. TRAN
2010 – 11 Design Associate
Haptor Barrett, Los Angeles, CA
Corresponded with manufacturers with spec designs per customer/designer Experience on selections in furniture, lighting, fabrics and materials
Helped coordinate showroom setup
2007 – 10 Mechanical Engineer/CAD Designer
Pacific Coast Lighting, Chatsworth, CA
Responsible for CAD drawings to be sent to factories for sampling and production Drawings include precise measurements, materials, finishes, and switches Verifying UL technical guidelines per design
Detailed construction of hardwire and portable fixtures
2004 – 07 Interior Design Assistant
Neil Stuart Bokal & Associates, Los Angeles, CA
Assisted with purchasing and selecting of colors, theme, materials, and finishes Additional duties include: client billing, memos, and purchase orders
Produced AutoCAD/hand drafted drawings of floor plan, elevation and presentation
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, Los Angeles, CA Associates of Arts, Interior Design
AutoCAD Photoshop Illustrator Design Manager Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel
REFERENCES Neil Bokal Owner/Designer
Sig De La Torre
NEIL STUART BOKAL & ASSOCIATES
Julia Wong Designs, Los Angeles, CA, Sr. Interior Designer
- Meet with clients to generate ideas for the functional and aesthetic possibilities of the space.
- Organize and correspond with all clients/vendors/contractors.
- Conduct and present the budgeting projects.
- Construct space plans, furniture plans, elevations, and custom cabinet and furniture drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Responsible for sourcing, design and purchasing of fine, high-end, custom furniture, art works, lighting and accessories.
- Supervise contractors and subcontractors on site to ensure client satisfaction.
- Guide/Train new employees on fundamentals to ensure success during their introductory period.
- Assist and collaborate with prominent and published principal designer in all aspects of project.
- Attend private hosting networking/social events.
Lamps Plus, Chatsworth, CA, US, Assistant Lighting Designer
- Collaborate with a team of designers to produce custom lighting fixtures.
- Responsible for CAD drawings to be sent to factories for sampling and production; drawings include precise measurements, materials, finishes, and switches.
- Verifying UL technical guidelines per design.
- Detailed construction of hardwired and portable fixtures.
Neil Stuart Bokal & Associates, Los Angeles, CA, US, Interior Design Assistant
- Assisted principal designer with purchasing and choosing selection of colors, theme, materials, and finishes.
- Help with administrative duties including client billing, memos, and purchase orders
- Produced AutoCAD/hand drafted drawings of floor plans, elevations, and presentation
- Supervised and managed construction on site and installations of projects/products.
- Responsible for budgeting and purchasing of all furniture and materials.
- Corresponded with all vendors to ensure deadlines.
- Managed office flow, organized files, prepared emails, scheduled events and conferences.
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM), Los Angeles, CA, US, Interior Design