I have 20+ years of international practice as an urban designer, urban planner and architect. I worked for years as Master Plan manager for mega projects in the MENA region through Hill International Inc.,Qatar project management and Sharjah Directorate of Planning and Survey. job responsibilities always involved monitoring of international consultants work (architecture, urban planning, landscape), preparation of RFPs for various aspects of projects work and technical advice to the owner and consultants on how to improve the final product. I have also worked extensively as an architect and urban designer with a good record of projects.
I would like to be associated with a good architecture/urban planning company that can use my expertise in large projects, especially if they have projects abroad since i am now a permanent resident of the US. I am looking forward for good work even if it requires travel within the US or international. I have managed consultant/client relations for a variety of projects in many MENA region countries and can help create and manage workshops and project time lines, procurement processes and RFPs for any project.
Urban Edge Consultants LLC, Rahway, NJ, US, President
Manage and provide professional services for urban planning and real estate projects
Private family residence in New Cairo for Mr. M.Abuseida, 1200sq.m. Three floors and basement garage. June 2011-Aug 2012
Translation of Aga Khan book on Al-Azhar Park project from Arabic to English, 260 pages of text, figures and maps. August 2012
Urban Planning and urban design services for two projects for the General Organization of Physical Planning (GOPP) in Egypt. Jan 2011-June 2012. Responsibilities included :
1- update and survey the existing urban situation
2- create target population forecast and demographic studies
3- update urban services distribution for the target year
4- create a full plan for the target year describing the urban mass, road network, urban services, growth limits
5- Communicate and advocate the proposed urban plans and population forecasts with the local stakeholders
6- a full planning report covering population forecasts, urban services and infrastructure
Cairo University, Cairo, EG, Professor of Urban Design and Architecture
Professor of Urban Design, Cairo University, since 1999. Taught post graduate courses:
o Urban Morphology
o Urban Planning Theory
o Urban Design Projects
o Heritage Conservation
o Culture and heritage conservation
o Architecture Graduation Studio
o Urban Design Studio
o Urban Planning Studio
o Urban Planning History
supervised many M.Sc and Ph.D theses on architectural and urban design topics
Qatar Project Management, Cairo, EG, Master Plan Manager
Master plan manager for QPM largest projects in the MENA region (Barwa New Cairo)
• Prepare RFPs for site-wide Master Plan consultancy, RFP for detailed master plans of different project zones consultancies, RFP for the project infrastructure consultancy, RFP for the landscape consultant, RFP for the retail consultant, RFP for the Hospital consultancy, etc.
• Participate in the preparation of a general procurement strategy for the project and consultant procurement strategy
• Manage consultant procurement processes for the master plan, retail design, hospital design and landscape design
• Supervise and manage the application for the site-wide and detailed planning permits
• Manage, monitor and review consultant inputs for the site-wide master plan, detailed master plan, hospital design, landscape design, infrastructure design, cultural event consultant, retail design consultant,
• Prepare and manage technical workshops for the project consultants to discuss their input and deliverables with the project owner
Hill International, Dubai, AE, Master Plan manager
served as Master Plan manager for TCT and acted as North Africa Team Leader and Master Plan Manager for many of Hill International Projects in MENA region, specifically in Qatar, Oman, KSA, Egypt and Libya. Responsibilities were carried in main HQ in Dubai and in countries where the projects were managed and in countries selected to hold their workshops including Tunisia, UK, Denmark and USA. Responsibilities included:
• Prepare RFPs for different consultants needed for the projects.
• Participate in the preparation of a general procurement strategies for the projects and consultant procurement strategies
• Manage consultant procurement processes for the design phase of projects
• Supervise and manage the international consultants' input
• Prepare and manage technical workshops for the project consultants to discuss their input and deliverables with the projects' owners
for the following projects:
• Barwa New Cairo Project, mixed use development having 6million square meters of built-up area on 8.5 sq.km. site. Was seconded later to Qatar Project Management company for the same project.
• Birdi Tourism Development in Libya for 320 km long unspoiled Mediterranean coast intended for high end tourism development on selected sites. Dr. Ouf involvement in the project was from start to set up a procurement strategy for the project, manage EDAW consultancy for tourism site selection, Cushman & Wakefield consultancy for economic feasibility and project economic profiling, HOK consultancy for the development of Ras alTien development project, WATG consultancy for the development of the tourism development project at Birdi site, and site infrastructure and survey by ECON.
• Al-Fateh University campus modernization and development for new academic departments and colleges in Tripoli. Dr. Ouf involvement was in the preparation of design briefs for the 35 new building constructions on site for the different faculties, review and monitor of the infrastructure consultant procurement for the project and manage its technical input to the site-wide infrastructure, present and secure approval of buildings’ design briefs from the University Development Committee.
• Porto Venice tourism development in Marsa Alam, Egypt, on almost 4,000,000 square meters of prime coastal location on the Red Sea. Dr. Ouf involvement was in the review of the master plan prepared by Studio Sergi and prepares an RFP for the detailed master plan and architectural design stage.
• King Abdullah Financial District in Riyadh, KSA. A 5.0 million sq.m. of built up area and 1.6 million sq.m. of site area with Offices, hospitality, residential and service land uses. Dr. Ouf involvement was the technical review of the design project prepared by HLA of Denmark, participate in technical workshops to discuss the design with Buro Happold of the UK for the project infrastructure and prepare an RFP for the project design development before it went for construction.
Consolidated Engineering Consultants, Sharjah, AE, Head of PLanning, Deputy head of Planning and Landscape
Work responsibilities included: managing the urban planning team (15 professionals), Technical management of urban planning projects, client relations, preparing job proposals, preparing job costing plans, managing projects schedules. Some projects for which I was senior urban planner and manager were:
Comprehensive Master plan for the development of the coastal area from Daghmar to Qalhat – for Supreme Committee of Urban Planning, Sultanate of Oman
RAK detailed Master Plan for Ras al-Khaimah Land Department
Al-Jazzera Park development in Sharjah for Sharjah People’s Council
Tourism Development Fins-Tiwi Area in Oman for Suhail Bahwan Group Holdings
Tourism Development for Sheikh Khaled Al-Thani at Doha – Qatar, Residential development at Shabiyah Al-Ain for Sorouh Abu-Dhabi.
Sharjah Directorate of planning and survey, Sharjah, AE, Urban Design Adviser
Work responsibilities included providing advice to the director general of the establishment on the referred issues pertaining to urbanization and development in the Emirate. It also included proposing projects for the government to consider to further the urban profile of the Emirate.
• Sharjah Creek area Revitalization and development
• Sharjah New Waterfront proposal
• Replanning the area around old Sharjah
• Conservation and Regenaration of Souq Sakr, Sharjah
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, US, PhD, Urban and Regional Planinng
urban design, urban planning, development processes, developing economies, cultural appropriate design, housing, landscape architecture. Did fieldwork in Jamaica and Egypt
Cairo University, Cairo, EG, Masters, Urban Design/ Architecture
Image of the city , urban design topics, urban planning, urban economy
Cairo University, Cairo, EG, BArch, Architecture
Architecture Design, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Building Construction, structural analysis, landscape architecture
Design competition for a Mediterranean resort, 3rd Place