I am an architectural intern at a very small start up firm located in Southern Baltimore city. In my current position I enjoy the privilege of a wide array of responsibilities and tasks. It is a fast paced work environment with very exciting projects including:
- A complete renovation of and addition to a historic single family residence in Old Georgetown.
- An interior farmers market near downtown Baltimore.
- A high density housing complex and mixed use development in historic Reservoir Hill, Baltimore.
- A new office for a boutique graphic design firm in Northern Baltimore.
jneal design, Baltimore, MD, US, Intern Architect
- Conduct site analysis in field and office, synthesizing information in SketchUp, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Organize final drawing sets for presentation to clients, by creating and detailing sheets in Revit.
- Produce initial design schematics for new projects.
- Re-plann existing spaces for new use, residential and commercial.
- Do material studies and selections for clients, communicating with sales reps for product specs, recommendations and pricing.
- Coordinate with Georgetown Historic Board in order to produce design compliant with historic zoning and clients needs.
Under Armour, Baltimore, MD, Engineering Intern
- Organized and documented standard operating procedure for Distribution Warehouse.
- Ran reports and organized data for weekly Manager’s meetings.
- Troubleshooted software and created user handbooks.
School of Architecture, Planning & Preservation, College Park, MD, Arch150 Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
- Assisted two Graduate run sections of 8 high school students.
- Organized and documented student work.
- Taught pencil drafting, light logic, diagramming, physical and digital modeling.
School of Architecture, Planning & Preservation, College Park, MD, UMD Architecture Work Scholar
- Designed and implemented Mentoring Plan for undergraduate program.
- Arranged scanning and portfolio review workshops for undergraduate students.
- Acted as Undergraduate TA for freshmen courses UNIV100 and ARCH101.
- Represented school of Architecture at all recruitment events.
- Coordinated students to provide tours and a panel to answer questions at events.
- Documented all work in a training information binder for future employees.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD, US, Bachelors, Architecture
Assistant Dean’s Award for Contribution to the Student Affairs - Mentoring, Award
Award given upon graduation for efforts made to establish a comprehensive mentoring initiative for the School of Architecture connecting students to students, as well as students to faculty.
Senior Summer Scholar, Grant
Grant money used to support independent study while abroad.
Thesis: The Spatial Implications of Light and Color through public space in France.