Alliance Engineers, Herndon, VA, US, MEP Revit Designer
• Primary Revit designer for multi discipline engineering firm, using Revit Version 2012
• Setting up projects through demo stage to final print out
• Picking up redlines for multiple projects including mechanical, electrical and plumbing
• Layout of electrical devices, mechanical equipment, plumbing and piping coordination on drawings
• Xrefing and linking backgrounds to the proper drawings
MC Dean, Ashburn, VA, US, CAD Engineer
• Responsible for the design and layout of A/V and telecom equipment such as Cisco routers and switches, as well as Dell and HP computers, servers and NEC flat panel televisions.
• Developed detailed, two and three dimensional conduit, cable tray and equipment drawings.
• Performed verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet customer requirements.
• Drafted working drawings, wiring diagrams, wiring connection specifications or cross-sections of underground cables, as required.
Hankins and Anderson Architects & Engineers, Glen Allen, VA, US, Fire Alarm Designer
• Responsible for design and layout of all fire alarm and notification devices throughout commercial and government facilities
• Produced sprinkler system and piping layout configurations
• Determined the candela rating and travel distances throughout various facilities
• Working on numerous government and military projects and used the following software daily: Microsoft Visio, Revit MEP 2010 and 2011 and AutoCAD ABS 2007
• Notable Projects: Jakarta, Indonesia and Fort Lee, VA Military Facility
Foulger Pratt, Rockville, MD, US, Space Planner, Electrical Designer
• Responsible for providing space planning support for construction and architecture staff
• Produced office layouts with the use of Microsoft Visio software, printed all drawings for customer review
• Coordination of projects from planning to implementation stage
• Mapped out electrical systems according to specification
• Supported construction staff with revisions and other duties as assigned
SmithGroupJJR, Washington, DC, CAD Drafter
• Prepared and modified CAD drawings by studying engineering sketches, specifications and supporting documents.
• Resolved drawing discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and conferring with engineers and architects.
• Provided HVAC, Duct, Piping, Plumbing and Electrical layouts and system design.
• Produced Sanitary and Storm drain piping layouts
• Maintained CAD system to enhance effectiveness.
• Worked on various projects including: Unity Healthcare, NIH Bethesda, Gallaudet Univ., INOVA, SSA, Virginia Tech – Chemistry lab, Constitution Center and L’Enfant Plaza.
Eyak Tech, Dulles, VA, Senior CAD Specialist
• Provided drawing support for the firms technology group
• Duties included creation/modification of architectural floor plans
• Updated architectural, electrical and civil engineering drawings, modification/creation of polylines
• Worked with AutoCAD and other applications including CAFM, IWMS and Visio
• Trained new users on AutoCAD 2008.
Hinds Community College, Raymond, MS, US, Drafting and Design