I'm a freelance interior designer in Chicago, Illinois who specializes in residential and commercial spaces.
Here are some rules I live by: A map is great piece of decor (as is a potted plant). Vintage leather is a must, even in the smallest form. If you can afford to wallpaper a room or wall, you should do it.
I can offer the following services to you or your company:
- Project management
- Furniture & finish selection, management and staging
- Space planning
- Construction document preparation
- 2D/3D renderings
I hold an Associates degree in Interior Design from Parsons the New School for Design in December and earned a dual bachelors of arts degree in Communications and Spanish from the University of Wisconsin – Madison in 2007. I’ve worked for various communications firms specializing in marketing, public relations, web design and development, and project management.
In my free time, I enjoy honing my photography skills, practicing Bikram yoga and exploring the multitude of restaurants and bars in my lovely neighborhood.
The Brooklyn Home Company, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Manager
I am TBHCo’s project manager for architectural and design consultancy services. As the day-to-day contact, I coordinate projects to ensure each job runs smoothly and deadlines are met. I work closely with TBHC's construction and design teams to make sure that the creative vision is properly executed and communicated for our developments & client's homes.
Blue State Digital, New York, NY, US, Client Services Manager
- Managed internal design and production teams
- Served as the primary contact for various web-based projects for clients such as Vogue magazine, YMCA NYC’s Diabetes Prevention Program, Harvard University, SIPA – Columbia University, and Dilma Rousseff, President of Brazil
- Trained clients on Blue State Digital’s website toolset
Fenton Communications, New York, NY, US, Account Coordinator
- Served as web editor for various websites
- Managed content for Fenton Communications website
- Led the development, strategy and communications for the young feminist blog,The Fbomb
- Performed media relations and provided support for various environmental, green tech and women’s clients such as Global Fund for Women, SheSource.org, Climate Counts and “The End of the Line”, a documentary on over fishing
- Coordinated events for various clients
Core Industries, Brooklyn, NY, US, Production Designer
- Researched consumer and environmental issues for a new product launch
- Assisted in the design and development of websites such as Pilates Garage, One Percent for the Planet, and Frontline SMS, using HTML and Flash programs
- Authored and published articles for an environmental blog, Greensear.ch
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Interior Design
The AAS program is organized around three design studios that focus on residential, retail, workplace, and hospitality spaces. Every Interior Design studio is multifaceted, combining interior architecture and decorative arts. Students learn the theory and practice of interior design through conceptual explorations of space, sustainability research, and computer-aided design techniques. They discover the power of design to improve people's lives by seeking solutions to global imperatives such as sustainability and economic inequity.
University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, WI, US, Bachelors, Communications, Spanish