Accomplished Interior Designer with excellent track record of devising and leading the delivery of high-quality custom projects for diverse clients in residential, corporate and hospitality realms. Creates designs which reflect unique brands, values, and personalities of clients by leveraging experience, consultative skills, and creativity. Drives seamless execution of all phases of projects via superior relationship building and management of clients, vendors, and colleagues. Works equally as effective independently or as a team player by utilizing artistic eye and technical savvy to transform concepts into realities. Has experience working on projects ranging in scope and size. Possesses broad array of expertise in various areas of interior design including, but not limited to:
Client Consultations • Architectural & Interior Design • Ergonomics • Space Planning • FF&E
Schematic Design • Design Development • Construction Documentation Preparation • Contract Administration • AutoCAD • Photoshop • Sketch-Up • LEED • Relationship Building & Management Construction Methods • Public Relations Skills • Strong Verbal and Written Communication
DesignWorkPlace, Sylmar, CA, US, Interior Designer/ Project Manager
Consult with clients to determine their unique needs and desires and develop detailed design concepts and/or space plans for approval. Create 3-D models for client presentation, as well as to work out design logistics and preliminary finish selections/ FF&E. Prepare and submit to bidding contractors comprehensive construction document package including construction details and architectural finishes and provide Job Captain duties to office. Administer construction contracts upon project kick-off. Oversee construction with contractors throughout all phases of projects. Coordinate city approvals and clerical tasks. Collaborate with landlords, real estate management teams, and governing entities to ensure 100% adherence to codes and site-specific criteria. Participate actively in construction progress review meetings. Field any questions or concerns from contractors and clients throughout projects. Perform various in-house graphic design, web design, and computer-related troubleshooting. Supervise and support junior colleagues. Serve as subject matter expert on AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, and Photoshop, etc. Space plan, specify and coordinate system furniture layouts via 20/20 Giza program for furniture dealership arm of company.
• Expanded firm’s abilities to convey projects to customers beyond use of CAD drawings, self-teaching, mastering, and introducing Sketch-Up; resulted in securing numerous new projects.
• Resolved firm’s lack of consistency with AutoCAD and computer-aided design programs, taking initiative to create AutoCAD templates and implement American Institute of Architects’ (AIA) lightweight standards; achieved consistency and simplified dispersal of information.
• Modernized and improved sophistication of Interior Design and Furniture websites, quickly learning website building website WIX.com, and overhauling both sites to increase marketing impact.
• Cultivated loyal and trusting relationships with customers, providing ongoing communication, superior solutions, and consistent delivery of quality projects.
• Provided Landlord Services for Universal Studio Credit Union-owned mid-rise building.
• Completed numerous projects including Universal Studios Credit Union in Burbank, 10,000 sq. ft. Burbank campus of InterCoast Colleges, +15,000 sq. ft. corporate office / banking branch for Bank of Santa Clarita, +40,000 sq. ft. Scheu Development Company office complex, and high-end flagship bank branch for Alliance Bank.
• Contributed design and CAD services to South Bay MINI, Norwalk Toyota and Moss Bros. Chevrolet car dealerships.
• Bank of Santa Clarita project used for onsite filming of CBS’s NCSI.
Wolcott Architecture Interiors, Culver City, CA, US, Designer/ Drafter
(Contract position through Aerotek)
Took onsite field measurements for tenant improvement projects. Inputted measurements into AutoCAD. Created complete construction document sets, space plans, pricing plans, and as-built drawings. Implemented designs into AutoCAD. Conducted field checks of potential job sites.
• Mastered world of corporate design and art of construction document development in minimal time.
• Played active role in Vons Distribution Center projects.
D. Crosby Ross, West Hollywood, CA, US, Associate Interior Designer
Conceived of and produced custom residential and commercial design solutions with AutoCAD for diverse clients. Scheduled vendors and trades. Coordinated closely with contractors. Oversaw project construction. Updated owners on project status.
• Contributed actively to variety of projects spanning from accountant’s office in capital management firm to remodeling of high-end residences.
• Began personal studies in Sketch-Up.
G2 Design Studios, Los Angeles, CA, US, Interior Design Consultant
Sole proprietorship serving real estate investors and individual and private clients seeking to flip homes. Strategized and managed all aspects of daily business and operations of design firm. Consulted with clients on flipping properties for rehabilitation and/or sale. Generated designs in CAD, sketches, and renderings. Presented concepts to clients for approval. Created construction drawings. Selected and oversaw contractors to ensure on-schedule, within budget, 100% to spec project completion. Conducted walk-throughs with clients during all phases of projects. Addressed any questions or concerns.
• Single-handedly created innovative design solutions, resolved contractor and construction related problems, managed client relations, and managed all clerical, design, and administrative aspects.
• Increased final sales price of properties by ~$50-100K, producing high-quality quality designs to revamp existing residential and commercial real estate.
• Cultivated loyal customers, referrals, and following, providing superior tailor-made service.
• Served as Graphic Designer for various marketing and advertisement campaigns for certain clients.
Thomas Schoos Design, West Hollywood, CA, US, Junior Interior Designer
Created, drafted, and developed concepts for residential landscapes and interiors, as well as for restaurant in West Hollywood.
• Improved depiction of design intents to vendors and clients, introducing CAD to office to replace previous hand-drawing of all projects.
• Managed all CAD drawings produced by office.
• Contributed actively to residential, landscape and interior projects as well as restaurant O-Bar.
Glendale Community College, Glendale, CA, US, Revit 2010 Class
Enrolled in Revit 2010 class to gain skill set for career development.
Woodbury University, Burbank, CA, US, Bachelors, Interior Architecture
Major courses taken at Woodbury University to earn Bachelor's of Science in Interior Architecture.
Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA, US, Interior Design
Took general education classes as well as classes that would transfer to fulfill major course requirements.