see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
1986 - May 25 Joy to the World!!! I enter in this world at 8lbs 9 oz. I didn't stop crying
1992- Visited the World Trade Center. Walked through the shopping pavilions, was in complete awe seeing the Winter Gardens. First experience of anything in such a scale.
1993 - My Birthday - John Starks Dunks over Jordan. New York Knick Fan for life.
1994 - Asian American Association Drawing contest. Recommended by my teachers to participate from my arts in school. Did not win, but seeing other peoples art work made me want to improve
1995 - Continuing love for comic books pushes me to become an artist
1997 - Selected salutatorian for my Elementary School graduation. I will never be this nervous ever in my life. I was wrong.
2000 - Elected to go to Brooklyn Technical High School instead of Art School
2003-2004 - Attended Architecture College courses and Architecture Major in High School. Introduced to amazing designers
2004 - Starts working at Barneys New York, Falls in love with fashion Design
2005 - Attends Fashion Institute of Technology for Interior Design. Love the warmth and coolness that is of Interior Architecture. Beginning of the hardest 4 years
2008 - Wins PAVE award for Retail Design! What a grand party
2008 - Design Intern at AWA Lighting Designers. Learned a great deal from Abhay Wadhwa. Experiences from this design firm was invaluable. Appreciation to Lighting.
2009 - After Yearlong Thesis research and Design - I present to high profile professionals in the field and school mates. I laugh at the salutatorian version of me. I was so nervous. Realize, I can accomplish anything.
2012 - Freelancing and still working at Barneys. Loving all aspects of design.
Self-employed - Freelancer, New York, Designer and Renderer
- complete renderings for real estate agencies for property marketing campaigns and brochures
- assign drafting duties for floorplans and details for Building Department submittals
- collaborate with graphic departments on rendering styles and layout formats for cohesiveness
- attend meetings with clients to discuss design schemes, deliverables, and project development
- design overall store and fixtures for NYC’s Ripley’s Believe It or Not Gift Shop
Barneys New York, New York, Sales Associate / Rag and Bone Sales Specialist
- communicate with buyers and vendors for product’s arrival time and upcoming events
- educate customers on clothing fits, craftsmanship, manufacture, fabric types, care, and history
- assist clients and tourists with purchase of clothing, alterations, and special orders
- meet weekly sales productivity numbers according to overall department quota
- attend weekly vendor clinics for product information and upcoming fashion trends
- aid managers, buyers, visual display team and denim specialist in merchandising selling floor
- maintained daily floor and stockroom standards, seasonal markdowns, RTVs, and transfers
Rag and Bone Designated Sales Specialist Sept. 2012 - Present
- communicate weekly and monthly seasonal plans to management, merchants, and vendors
- merchandise and maintain vendor product daily
- liaise with vendor in regards with sales figures, fit, fabrication issues, and client requests
- work with merchants, management, and vendor to provide in-store events
AWA Architectural Lighting Designers, New York, Design Intern
- completed lighting fixture details and construction drawings for deadlines and outsourcing
- organized materials library and vendor samples for custom light fixtures
- revised and finalized red marked lighting plans and elevations for submission
- rendered high quality renderings for projects used in workbook presentations and publication
- researched lighting calculations, site locations, fixture uses, and user requirements for projects
- prepared project presentations with custom printing and information packets for meetings
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York, New York, Bachelors, Interior Design