Marie A. Lenzi, PMP
66 Madison Avenue, Apt 12B.
New York, NY 10016
Services and Development Leader with extensive experience in managing clients, development teams and organizations. Plan, execute and manage all aspects of program/projects for both external and internal corporate clients. Results-oriented executive with proven track record of successful leadership, while balancing risk with the appropriate level of control and a solid technology base. Strengths include:
• P& L responsibility • Program management
• PMO, Engagement, Program, Project, Product, Portfolio, Business management • Pure play services AND software/SAAS product installation and consulting
• Large, medium, small projects • Team development and management
• Creation, development and direction of services and development programs • Training development, delivery and management
• Relationship management • Process improvement
• Local and international business • Customer presentations, proposals and
• New product enhancement and innovation • RFP, RFI, Proposal development and delivery
• Excellent written, oral and presentation communications
AIG, New York, NY 12/2014 – 6/2016
· Global Corporate Social Responsibilitey (CSR) – Program/Project Manager of the global implementation and deployment of the Good Done Great (GDG) SAAS application. This includes the deployment of Matching Grants, Volunteerism and Corporate Grants globally
· Business aspects include but not limited to corporate policy change management, workflow definition and alteration, vendor management, communications planning and deployment, global compliance including sanctions management, tax implications, and transition to BAU.
· Technical aspects include but not limited to requirements definition, design, integration of HR data from an enterprise data source to the SAAS vendor, integration with global SSO, all aspects of UAT, Help Desk implementation, conversion of historic data from 3 disparate and essentially manual systems to a Rollbase relational model. SAAS application is java-based.
· Responsibilities include but not limited to vendor management, direction of 3rd party project teams and off-shore development teams, identify/track milestone and dependencies, identify/mitigate risk, change management, create/track project plans, team management. Required excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, organizational skills, and a highly goals oriented approach. Teams are located on-shore and off-shore.
PMO PROGRAM/PROJECT MANAGER
NYC Department of Education, Brooklyn, NY 6/2014 – 12/2014
· Program Manager on numerous custome and packaged applications. Responsibilities included the full range of SDLC Program/Project Management responsibilities from feasibility, requirements, through to deployment. Including both business and technical work processes.
· Periodic Assessments - BAU and ongoing enhancements and integration with several 3rd Party Vendors to both send and received student testing information.
· 10 Day Notices - Initial phase of a mayoral policy to respond to parents/guardians with regards to reimbursement for special needs students. This is the preliminary effort to precede and systems rewrite including legal, accounting and applications integrations.
· Clever - Clever is a vendor that securely distributes data to 3rd Party Vendors on request. Initially, a data policy and standard has been created and approved. Significant compliance issues are under consideration. Finally, the development of the data feeds to provide ever-current information to Clever for distribution to approved vendors.
MetLife, New York, NY 2010 - 2012
• Managed programs for several insurance telephony and M&A efforts including Corp Benefit Funding, Group Life, Individul Life, Retirement, Non Medical Health insurance business/technology compliance with SSDI policies and escheatment efforts. Included legal, audit, compliance considerations, reporting to the PMO office
• Responsibilities include but not limited to direction of teams of project managers, identify/track milestone and dependencies, identify/mitigate risk, change management, internal/external communications, create/track project plans, customer/vendor management, team management, and, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent organizational skills, and highly goals oriented
DIRECTOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT, VENDOR MANAGER
Atlas Data Systems, Westfield, NJ 2009
• Client - Merck, Rhaway, Whitehouse Station, NJ, Blue Bell, Gwynedd, PA.
• Vendor Manager - Day-to-day management 0f 50+ people with a $6+ million budget.
• Project Management – PMP certified - Project and program governance and oversight.
CLIENT PROGRAM MANAGER, PMO, RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Accept Software, Fremont, CA 2007-2008
High-end SAAS product management and innovation solution
• Worked with clients on the business and technology issues of Product Management and New Product Innovation.
• Designed processes, and customizated the Accept product to accommodate the customer needs. The effort included strategic and tactical approaches.
• Results: For each client, improved the new product content and turn-around to their customer satisfaction.
US WEST COAST REPRESENTATIVE, RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Jaczone, Kista, Sweden 2003-2006
Agent driven software for Rational Unified Process (RUP) and UML
• Business Development - Prospecting, demos, sales presentations, sales, to product users and executive management resulting in several product sales
• Product Management - Identified, refined and “shepherded” customer requirements that became product features.
• Technology - Project Management, Java, J2EE, WebSphere, Agile, XML, Unix, Windows, others
DIR CUSTOMER PROGRAM MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
LogicLibrary, Pittsburgh, PA 2001-2003
Enterprise reuse software
• Budget - P&L and budgetary responsibility for all of Professional Services.
• Project and Development Process Management - Established and directed the PMO office.
• Product Management - Defined customer requirements that then became product features. Created services offerings and marketing collateral.
• Technology - Java, J2EE, WebSphere, DB2, RUP, Agile, XML, Unix, Windows, Perl, others
DIRECTOR CLIENT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Netcentives Inc., San Francisco, CA 2000
SAAS incentive software
Customized programs for customer such as American Express, Nortel, 3Com, HP, 3M, and Cisco.
• Grew the professional services team from 10 to 50 people.
• Revamped the professional services pricing to maximize margins.
• Initiated Customer Proposal & Software Delivery review by sales, services and finance.
Product and Development Process Management
• Created services products and marketing collateral.
• Identified customer requirements that then became product features.
• Created standard software product, allowing for easier customization using Java, SQL Server, etc,
• Established a QA function, improving reliability by 50% and decreasing maintenance by 70%.
Technology and Project Management
• Established and directed the PMO office.
• Product Management, Project Management, Java, WebSphere, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, web, UML, Windows, Unix, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, component technology, others
CO-FOUNDER AND EDITORIAL DIRECTOR
DC Corporation New York, NY 1997 to 1999
Publisher of Distributed Computing Magazine was a start-up specializing in leading edge technologies
for professional software managers and developers. Distribution 40,000.
Founder & Editorial Director
• Developed the business plan and strategy focused on distributed computing, object-oriented technology, java, the web, enterprise application integration.
• Created the innovative editorial strategy that utilizes only active technology engineers as editorial contributors.
• Developed and maintained relationships with software product and services vendors.
Syrinx Corporation, New York, NY, 1987 to 1997
Professional Services organization for object-oriented technology. Fortune 1000 customers including JP Morgan, Metropolitan Life, Merrill Lynch, DEC.
Founder & Principal
• Developed financial models including the pro/serv cost and pricing models.
• Created a marketing approach and strategy.
• Day-to-day management responsibility.
• Identified and created all services and training products.
Technology and Project Management
• Created public presentations and formal courses for Global 2000 companies.
• Conducted all “C” level presentations and consultations.
• Directed the definition and creation of service products.
• Object oriented technology, Product Management, Project Management, Java, WebSphere, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, UML, Windows, Unix, Linux, component technology, others
Charles Schwab Engagement Manager - software reuse processes, procedures and technology
J P Morgan PM - insertion of project management, structured development, quality practices
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Program Manager – Enterprise Operating Model, Telephony, Service Delivery build for HR, Legal, others
Swiss Bank PM - adoption of object oriented technology
Moody's Investors Service PM - adoption of object oriented technology
Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. PM - adoption of object oriented technology
Independence Blue Cross PM – via insurance applications introduced object oriented technology
AT&T Bell Laboratories Director SETT – Software Engineering Technology Transfer group
AT&T Technologies Program Manager for the implementation of new hardware and software system
Borland Board member Borland user group
Digital Equipment Corporation Wrote the strategic plan for the adoption of object oriented software and design
Federal Express PM for the insertion of object oriented technology
IBM Consulted on the insertion and adoption of object oriented technology
NCR Corporation Wrote/executed plan for object oriented technology adoption for staff and customers
Fujitsu Consulted on the insertion and adoption of object oriented technology
EDS Consulted on the insertion and adoption of object oriented technology
GTE PM - adoption of object oriented technology
GTech Corporation PM - via Lottery applications introduced object oriented technology
Bechtel PM for the insertion of object oriented technology
E I Dupont Program Manager for the automation of previously manual systems and evironments
Hewitt Associates PM - via HR applications introduced object oriented technology
PSE&G PM - via utility applications introduced object oriented technology
Social Security Admin PM - via back office applications introduced software engineering processes
FOUNDING EDITOR-IN-CHIEF and EDITORIAL DIRECTOR:
Object Magazine 1991 to 1996
Distributed Computing 1997 to 1999
EDUCATION: BS, Computer Science, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA.
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, US, BArch, Computer Science