I am an experience architectural professional who is looking for freelance drafting and project management work. I am taking care of some family matters in Western Massachusetts but am available to work remotely with my own hardware and software. I am a treasure waiting to be found as I have extensive experience in commercial and residential architecture and construction and am a proven, organized self-starter. email@example.com
Equinox Holdings, Inc., New York, NY, US, Facilities Manager
• Responsible for the oversight and management of the emergency, scheduled and preventative facilities maintenance as well as initiation, coordination and implementation of club refreshes and remodels for Equinox Holdings encompassing (6) Equinox clubs, (3) Blink Fitness clubs and (2) Corporate offices.
• Responsible for the development of department processes and procedures, rollouts and minor works projects.
Shasa, Houston, TX, US, Director of Project Management
• Hired in June 2009 as the second U.S.-based corporate employee to run the U.S. expansion, development and maintenance of an existing Mexican fast-fashion, junior women’s clothing brand.
• Reported directly to owners Armando Dollero and Carlo Dollero in planning new project initiatives.
• Managed all U.S. new store and remodel construction, including contract negotiation and oversight of general contractors, other service vendors and material suppliers.
• Managed the construction, setup and opening of new U.S. corporate headquarters / distribution center.
• Responsible for $5,000,000 new store budget for calendar year 2010 (7 stores, 42,530 sf).
• Reduced average construction cost by 25% from $157/sf in 2009 to a budgeted $118/sf in 2010.
• Coordinated store designers in London, global brand managers in Mexico City and architects/engineers in Texas to develop schematic store designs and construction documents, including completely new brand and store design for 2010 and going forward.
• Coordinated all emergency, planned and preventative facilities maintenance and supply-ordering for the existing U.S. chain (5 stores, corporate office and distribution center).
• Responsible for $120,000 facilities budget for calendar year 2010.
• Supported Global Logistics and Distribution Manager by overseeing warehouse operations, budget ($450,000 in 2010), managing warehouse staff, negotiating with and managing logistics vendors for the U.S. operation.
Steve & Barry's, Port Washington, NY, US, Director of Architecture
Director of Architecture (2007) Head of Store Design (2006)
• Promoted to Head of Store Design in August 2006, managing 3 direct reports.
• Promoted to Director of Architecture in November 2007, managing 11 direct reports in NY and 22 in India.
• Opened 217 stores (~6,000,000 sf) in 38 states over 3.5 years.
• Worked closely with CEO, Barry Prevor, on all major store design changes and initiatives.
• Managed Architecture Department, including creating construction documents for ~300 new stores and ~25 renovations (site surveys, drafting, engineering, permitting, landlord approvals, construction administration).
• Managed design and rollout of existing store retrofits (~250 stores) with Visual Merchandising.
• Worked closely with Director of Construction during construction administration, including issuing addendums, change bulletins and clarifications, and reviewing submittals and shop drawings.
• Acted as Pacific Region facilities manager, assisting in all types of facility repairs and maintenance.
Project Manager (2005 – 2006)
• Initiated the Architecture Department as a Project Manager with Department Director in early 2005.
• Grew the Department from 3 employees (2 in NY, 1 in India) to 34 employees (12 in NY, 22 in India).
• Managed all landlord build-out new store design and construction for 40 stores.
• Transitioned the Department from designing and building stores with outside vendors to completing all architectural documents in-house.
• Designed or approved the design of fixture plans and signage for ~300 new stores (over 9,000,000 sf).
• Coordinated Visual Merchandising and Store Operations’ recommendations and planning into store prototype and custom store designs.
• Projected all fixture allocation estimates for new and existing stores.
Fergus Garber Group, Palo Alto, CA, US, Project Manager
• Designed high-end residential homes and personal sports facilities. Work included construction administration; computer drafting; organizing computer files and protocols; preparing construction documents; researching specifications; site design work; detail work; general design.
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, US, Bachelors, Urban Studies: Architecture and Urban Design