see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
My experience over the past twenty years has been the management and oversight of design and construction for educational and civic projects, ranging from a few thousand to over 100,000 square feet. I have presented most of these projects to staff, committee members, and the public in addition to successfully guiding them through various construction delivery models. Being responsible for the budgets, scope, and schedules for a wide diversity of public works projects, I understand the fiduciary responsibilities and scheduling complexities inherent in publicly funded capital projects and how to successfully deliver them within these unique parameters.
I’m highly proficient at reading, analyzing, and critiquing building and site designs, drawings, and specifications, as well as understanding public works contracting procedures. Understanding the California Building Code, the California Green Building Code, and sustainable design practices accepted by the USGBC enable me to apply design standards appropriately to each project. As a licensed Architect, I can effectively interpret and coordinate structural, mechanical, electrical, and other disciplines typically inherent with institutional buildings. My affiliation with the Division of the State Architect’s Access Committee has also served to enrich my understanding of and appreciation of accessible design.
HMC Architects, Ontario, CA, US, Sr. Project Architects, Associate Principal
A Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering a major project or projects through all phases of development. Where applicable, gives direction to assigned staff. Resolves architectural problems.
Will establish and maintain budgets, schedules, and monitor adherence of terms of contract expectations. Has primary responsibility for client contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor all project activities. Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize. Ability to oversee two to three project managers and multiple project teams.
Communication and Collaboration
• Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
• Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
• Ability to apprise supervisor and client for status of work.
• Establish productive working relationships, and deal effectively and cooperatively with clients, team members, consultants, and government agencies.
• Ability to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
• Resolve issues related to team members and consultants.
• Collaborate with appropriate staff to meet goals and objectives of project.
Ensure that coaching, mentoring, and performance-enhancing feedback of assigned team members are provided.
Direct overall verbal and graphic communication of complex project concepts to clients, public agencies, and project team members, and be primary point of contact for all client issues.
Resolve "lost opportunity" issues, including staffing reduction, review of contractual obligations, and scope of service.
Supervision and Delegation
• Ability to professionally communicate, both verbally and in writing, to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
• Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
• Be primary source for monitoring employee performance on a daily basis and take appropriate action to report both positive and negative performance.
Supervise and manage multiple clients and project managers for all phases of projects.
Ability to supervise up to 6 – 12 employees.
• Ability to correspond effectively with agencies, consultants and clients, and write meeting minutes.
• Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
• Ability to write and edit specifications.
Understands all aspects of Project Management, and participate in the evaluation of the people assigned. Accurately and fairly document their performance.
Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
Ensure that the documents meet the client standards and all HMC protocols.
• Write and develop project marketing interview materials. Participate in project marketing interview.
Ability to correspond effectively with agencies, consultants, and clients.
Primary proponent for project pursuit.
Prepare/edit marketing proposals and participate in interview.
Write and approve marketing proposals.
Ability to market project capability through client interviews, public presentations, and professional publications.
• Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluations.
Review and assist staff in setting budgets, goals, and preparing work plans that clearly define their expectations, and take appropriate action when they are met and when they are not met.
Review and resolve any issues related to staff and consultants.
Accountable for monitoring project budgets and schedules, and reducing staff when the need arises.
Monitor staffing models to projected workloads to meet expected project timelines and profitability projections.
Ability to analyze profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates, and utilization across projects.
Resolve collection of aged accounts and any financial issues with clients.
Responsible for ensuring that the firm's procedures, standards, and protocols are followed.
Ensure that project managers support design and follow design intent on all projects.
Ensure that project design supports firm's design goals.
Responsible in collaboration with design team for quality of project design and documents, through all phases of projects.
Ensure that the projects have the appropriate design staff in collaboration with the design team.
• Review documents to ensure quality, coordination, and compliance with the requirements of deliverables and client standards in all phases.
• Guide and direct project team and consultants for appropriate materials and systems.
• Review cost estimates and conducts value analysis.
Resolve plan check and approval issues with the agencies and client.
Provide training and mentoring for all technical aspects of our work.
Ensure that materials and systems meet the firm's and clients' standards and are within budget.
Oversee and resolve issues during construction phase of all work under their supervision.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Pomona, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
Los Angeles Pierce College, Woodland Hills, CA, US, Architecture