Hello, my name is Jenna Ciano,
I am a recent Master of Architecture graduate from the University of Miami seeking an Intern or Junior Architect position in the greater New York City area. After many opportunities to travel and study in cities around the world, I am open to relocating for the right opportunity.
Prior to studying architecture, I was a research scientist. This career provided critical thinking, problem solving, and detailed analysis skills that formed a solid foundation for the design process.
Through my education and internships, I gained experience using industry standard software and knowledge of Construction Documents. I also had numerous opportunities to work as part of a team, something I greatly enjoyed.
I am eager to expand my experience both by building upon my current skill set and by learning new techniques.
I look forward to hearing from you!
URS Corporation, New York, NY, US, Intern Architect
MSA Architects, Inc., Miami, FL, US, Architecture Intern
• Verified and edited shop drawings for luxury condominiums in South Florida
• Prepared sets of construction documents for final review
• Assisted with Construction Administration
• Worked with Project Managers to organize paperwork, drawings, RFI’s and submittals
University of Miami School of Architecture, Coral Gables, FL, US, Teaching Assistant
Design I and Drawing I Fall 2010
Architecture and the Environment Aug 2009 – Dec 2010
• Guided first year undergraduate architecture students through the process of design
• Instructed students in proper hand drafting techniques and introduced drawing instruments
• Worked with second year undergraduate architecture students on semester long sustainability
• Provided critiques of student work both in class and at jury reviews
• Conducted research for lecture, seminar, and project material
• Graded student work and completed administrative tasks for professors
Microdesk, Inc., New York, NY, US, Technology Support Intern - Architecture
• Contributed to Revit and AutoCAD standards and templates for SAIC Energy Environment and
• Shared parameters, line types, filters and view templates
• Revit objects to layers - layers exported to AutoCAD, object styles, and line weights
• Worked on Revit standard for The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
• Object styles and line weights
• Created Revit model for interior space design at Microdesk, Inc. office in Manhattan
• Researched information for and updated the AutoCAD Standard slide presentation
• Completed Microdesk, Inc. training classes in Revit 2012 and Google SketchUp
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, US, Laboratory Technician and Manager
• Coordinated research team in developing models to investigate the immunopathogenesis of HIV-I
• Oversaw the Virology Core for the Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
• Performed relevant Virology/Flow Cytometry Core services for clinical patients in various CFAR
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, US, MArch, Graduate Architecture
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Summer Studies in Architecture
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, US, Bachelors, Biological Sciences