Versatile in all areas of architectural practice as a single practitioner and as a lead architect on major projects. Expertise in plan development and zoning/code requirements. Projects have included schools, high rise apartment buildings, townhouse developments, single family housing, high end apartment interiors, and retail.
Fully literate in AutoCad, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Newforma project management software.
SLCE Architects, New York, NY, US, Associate
• Managed the production of contract documents for new and renovated apartment buildings as an Associate of SLCE Architects, a firm known for highly marketable buildings and “bullet proof” drawings and specs.
• Coordinated all phases of the construction process from conceptual design through Certificate of Occupancy.
• Represented the firm at client design meetings and contractor’s construction meetings.
• Supervised staff in the preparation of plans filed with the Department of Buildings, City and State agencies to meet critical deadlines
David Lewis Architect PC, New York, NY, US, Principal
• Created and maintained client relationships developing repeat clients.
• Designed and produced new construction, renovation and adaptive reuse for residential, commercial and educational projects.
• Created new schools by renovating industrial buildings working with the New York School Construction Authority.
• Administrated all areas of running an architectural practice: marketing, preparing and negotiating contracts, financial reporting and billing.
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, US, BArch, BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ARCHITECTURE
Co-op Program. Worked in Architects offices 6 months/year.