Determined to progress as a valuable designer who can generate innovative ideas, transform them into buildings and positively contribute to people’s well being and society sustainability. Currently in search for a skilled mentor to learn how to manage projects from beginning-to-end and to become an outstanding team leader not by designation but from peers respect.
Creative and hard-working young designer who is fascinated by architecture theory as well as technical construction aspects. Multicultural background developed through four years of work in a foreign professional architectural practice and multiple academic experiences in different countries. Eager to contribute to projects “From the spoon to the town”, to collaborate with inspiring design team members and to continue improving personal and professional skills.
Architects Registration Board (ARB) - London, UK
Urban village in Covent Garden - London, UK
The project aimed at revamping an entire block located in an extremely profitable part of the city and I had the opportunity to make the residential, retail and office layout more efficient, setting out and coordinating the accessibility to the different buildings within the complex. Contributing to reshape an important part of the historical city center by providing agreeable and valuable spaces for people to live, work and meet, was the most rewarding accomplishment over people’s life and built environment I could achieve as a designer.
Residential Villa - Majorca, Spain
The project was commissioned to provide the design to convert a rural villa into a wealthy residential mansion. My personal fulfilment came from being able to leverage my knowledge of Spanish culture, language and architecture in order to meet the client’s expectations and needs: the outcome resulted in a very functional scheme and innovative arrangement obtained by integrating local and traditional materials with a very fashionable and contemporary look.
New Headquarters for the College of Architecture - Trieste, Italy
As my final year thesis, I was asked by the head of the Faculty to propose a solution for the rearrangement of an historic building to be converted into new spaces for the College of Architecture. This project gave me the freedom to describe people’s use of the space as a means for social interaction, allowing them to personalize their surrounding environment with unlimited potentials of fruition. My vision was based on the concepts of flexibility, adaptability, movement and aggregation: the existing building was used as a shell to contain the re-arrangeable different units functional to academic activities and designed based on traditional American systems.
LEED Green Associate
Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI)
Currently undergoing qualification process, credential expected by end of 2012
Certificate of Attendance of Professional Practice & Management in Architecture
Bartlett School of Architecture, University College of London - London, UK
January 2011 - April 2011
Professional Examination for Licensed Architects
Università degli Studi di Trieste, Facoltà di Architettura - Trieste, Italy
Professional knowledge and use of most common architecture software including: AutoCAD, SketchUP, 3D Studio, InDesign and Adobe Photoshop, Athena. Good knowledge of DLR and automatic digital cameras.
English: excellent fluency (written/spoken)
Italian: native language
Spanish: business fluency (written/spoken)
* Excellent capacity to express ideas enthusiastically and in different languages. Listening is always the first step for a good communication. Formulating good questions is the second one;
* Synergistic and inspiring team mate. Team work is an essential requirement for good design;
* Natural ability to develop good relationships with people. A positive environment is the main condition for useful collaborations; * Consolidated adaptability to new places, cultures, people, situations. Sharing and building on experiences and is the highway to personal creativity;
* Ability to get the job done with a high level of precision and care. Time smartly invested upfront often results in avoiding pro
blems at a later stage;
* Good stress management. Pressure is essential to push current abilities to the limit and reach new goals in life;
* Interested in continuous professional and personal development. The more I learn, the more I can offer back.
Traveling - to discover new horizons and get surprised
Dancing tango - to learn how to trust my partner and perform
Practicing yoga - to continuously challenge myself and enjoy inner balance
Photography - to show the world from my point of view
Cooking - to share nice feelings and tasty food
Sewing - to express my style
Reading - to satisfy curiosity and fly with my imagination
Cinema - to explore human and social behaviors
Volunteering - to help and learn
Studio CH, London, UK / Philadelphia, USA, Freelance Architect
* Involved in interior design and extensions projects, both for office spaces and residential uses; * Participated in the preparation of client presentations, tenders and construction drawings packages.
SCH Architects, London, UK, Architectural Assistant/ Intern Architect
* Involved in all construction process, from preliminary design to post construction assessment, from design concepts to technical detail drafting; * Experience in mixed use projects from residential to commercial and familiar with new building construction, refurbishment and extensions; * Design experience at different scales from quick turnaround interior design projects (from $200k) to complete urban block master-plans (up to $17M); * Directly coordinated activities across team of consultants, technicians, contractor, sub-contractors and real estate managers; * Involved in site progress assessments and quality inspections; * Contributed to achieve the BREAM environmental impact certification for relevant projects; * Took part in preliminary litigation appraisal between client/contractor linked to construction extension of time claims; * Coordinator of a number of students during their first work experience or year out.
Center Sustainable Building Research, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA, Research Scholar
* Conducted an original research to compare environmental impacts of traditional and innovative (OVE, SIP and SEP) wood systems; * Aanalyzed and developed a methodology to compare traditional structures with innovative construction systems using a software impact estimator.
Universitá degli Studi di Trieste, Trieste, Italy, MArch, Master of Architecture
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA, International Research Program Scholarship
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain, BArch, Exchange Program Scholarship