It is my belief that “Good Design” is not a praxis to be simply taught and consequently studied; nor should it be blindly, listlessly or thoughtlessly imparted. “Good Design” is rather a philosophy to be utilized by those wishing to partake in passionate and fervent living.
When it comes to undertaking a new project, I go where the concept leads me. I feel that if this is done from a purest perspective then a project will never go awry. The way I see it every project is an opportunity for a new adventure and new artistic discoveries - nuances and subtleties are what make the difference between a simple occupiable space, and an exuberantly inspiring experience.
Stephen Wanta Architect AIA, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer/Logistics Coordinator
Developed innovative design concepts, drafts and implemented ideas in order to produce concept driven interiors.
• Superior, concept driven FF&E selection; Experienced and effective purchasing, ordering and expiditing.
• Liaised between clients, contractors and vendors accomplishing open and aligned communication leading to numerous business developments.
• Sourced and negotiated terms with distributors and contractors facilitating quick turnover, cost effective product and delivery time.
• Scheduling and quality control of construction on sites.
• Proven proficiency in on time, on budget, optimum quality Project Management facilitating customer satisfaction.
• Enhanced productivity and workflow through effective office organization and cohesive communication.
• Maintained office accounts and bookkeeping ; personally responsible for administrative client record keeping
School of Visual Arts (SVA), New York, NY, US, BArch, Interior Design
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA, US, BArch, Interior Design
Highlighted designer, May 2010, Honorable Mention
Philadelphia University ‘Emerging Leader’, Nomination