see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Focus on design, attention to detail, high ethical standards and leadership ability are key qualifications necessary in an Executive to enable architecture firms to grow financially and become leaders in highly competitive and constantly changing markets. Proactive leadership provides a solid foundation from which to build and cultivate the firm’s goals and employee development resulting in a cohesive organization, equally vested in its success at every level.
Key Leadership Highlights:
· Delivered thousands of presentations to both large and small groups, forged long-term relationships based on mutual trust and respect and strengthened team cohesion and collaboration internally by providing open lines of communication.
· Served in a leadership role on a variety of complex and multi-disciplinary projects involving engineering consultants, construction administrators and governmental agencies.
· Excelled in providing significant contributions at all previous employers as a result of excellent design skills, production under pressure, and unwavering determination to deliver results to both the client and the Firm.
· Worked with many young and more seasoned professionals over the years, and with a genuine vested interest in their success, guided them to excel in their endeavors through training, coaching, and mentoring.
· Championed work settings that are conducive to innovative design, productivity, and high standards of excellence through example.
Areas of Expertise: Design, Mentoring & Training, Team Building & Leadership, Business Growth, Goal & Vision Setting, Consensus Building, Public Presentations, Client Relations, Employee Development, Project Management and Excellent Communications Skills.
Director of Architecture and Design with BRADY SULLIVAN PROPERTIES, LLC 2011-2012
· Created full service in-house architectural department to provide professional support for the Company’s 3-million plus square foot portfolio of commercial and residential properties throughout New England. Projects included renovation of existing 160,000 sf derelict mill into a modern 110 unit apartment building. The first residential mill building in Manchester, NH’s historic Millyard District. Conversion of 28,000 sf commercial office space into a new community YMCA featuring, classrooms, general purpose exercise space and expansive workout facility.
· Liason for the Company during public presentations to local boards and pemit granting authorities. Nurtured professional relationships with key personal to help facilitate the presentation and approval process.
· Menotred and trained architectural staff to help develop office standards and procedures with in house as well as site staff, subcontractors vendors and local public officails.
· Developed inventory standards for tracking commercial and residential properties as well as implementing BIM standards thru Revit for monitoring and projecting building cost for facility management purposes in-house.
Vice President-Architecture and Design with Plan Ahead, Inc. 1998-2011
· Optimized business growth to transform design/build Company into full service architectural firm. The 5-year effort involved promoting a cultural shift and getting the backing of the CEO, which was achieved by demonstrating results, financially and organizationally.
· Led initiative to develop retail branding strategies for financial services clients (banks and credit unions) at new branch locations, which focused on retail driven customer experiences – ultimately, resulting in improved growth (deposits) for clients.
· Elevated the firm’s standards and design parameters, ensuring adherence from all employees. The best practices developed focused on quality, customer satisfaction, excellence in design, hard work, timely completion of projects, and highest level of ethics and integrity.
Senior Architect-Design Coordinator with Shepley Bulfinch 1997-1998
· Oversaw and orchestrated the integration of the architectural construction documents with mechanical, electrical, structural and fire protection drawings in support of a major project; a new 150,000 sf addition and renovation to Dartmouth College’s Baker Library.
· This included regular interaction with the project engineers in order to coordinate their work with the goals and objectives of the design architects; Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates in Philadelphia, PA.
· Met with design architect on a regular basis to review status of work and discuss coordination issues as they occur.
· Provided hand drawn details for renovated areas of classic details throughout the existing library.
Architect/Project Manager with JAQUITH & SIEMASKO 1994-1997
Responsible for design through construction administration of the firm’s commercial portfolio. Provided schedule updates for current projects and staff assignments to the firms two principals on a weekly basis. Established and implemented standard project management criteria and forms for all office projects.
· Designed and administered several key commercial projects in the North Shore area of Massachusetts including two projects for Landmark School in Beverly, MA; The Historic Library Renovation and the new Boys Dormitory.
· Led a new business development initiative and secured the design contract for a new Conference Center for Stonehedge Inn in Tyngsborough, MA.
· Designed and administered a chain of ice cream store fit-outs throughout New England for JB Scoops.
Selected Project List:
· Danversbank, (3- sites in downtown Boston, Massachusetts)
· Danversbank, Cambridge, Massachusetts
· People’s Choice Credit Union, Saco, Maine
· Granite Savings Bank, Rockport, Massachusetts
· Institution for Savings, Salisbury, Massachusetts & Rowley, Massachusetts
· The Lofts at Mill #1, Manchester, New Hampshire
· The YMCA, Rochester, New Hampshire
· The YMCA, Portsmouth New Hampshire
· The Lofts at Millwest, Manchester, New Hampshire
· Dartmouth College Barry Library, Hanover, New Hampshire
· Faneuil Hall Flower Market, Boston, Massachusetts
· Stonehedge Inn, Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
· Stonehedge Inn-Spa and Conference Center, Tyngsborough, Massachusetts
· Watertown Savings Bank-Main Office, Watertown, Massachusetts
· Watertown Savings Bank-Branch Office, Arlington, Massachusetts
· Williamstown Savings Bank, Williams, Massachusetts
· Landmark School Library, Beverly, Massachusetts
· Landmark School Dormitory, Beverly, Massachusetts
· Lahey Beverly, Beverly, Massachusetts
· Herrington Residence-Squam Lake, Center Harbor, New Hampshire
· Herrington Residence-Lake Winnipesaukee, Moultonborough, New Hampshire
· Stempler Residence, Seabrook Beach, New Hampshire
· Countryside Village Clubhouse, Manchester, New Hampshire
Evan’s Fuel, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Brady Sullivan Properties, LLC, Manchester, NH, US, Director of Architecture and Design
Responsible for providing architectural services for the firms portfolio of over 3-million SF of Commercial and Real Estate projects. Management of the office's architectural department and coordination with in-house real estate department on fit-outs for all commercial properties.
University of Miami, Miami, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
5-year architectural degree and related studies with an emphasis on design and planning.
Preservation Award, Award
Preservation Award for the renovation of Watertown Savings Bank's Main Office
Design Excellence, Award
Design Excellence for Watertown Savings Bank in Watertown, MA
Design Excellence Award, Award
Design Excellence for Stonehedge Inn in Tyngsboro, MA