see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
An architectural veteran with over 15 years and over 100 million square feet of broad national experience in the design and management of highly complex construction projects in the fields of Healthcare, Science and Technology. Throughout my career, I have had the pleasure of working with multiple private and state universities, pharmaceutical and healthcare organizations private corporations and large government institutions on the development of complex programming and design requirements. Served as an architectural panelist for NIH scientific facility grant reviews. In-depth knowledge of healthcare facility design documentation requiring ACHA approval. A clear understanding of sustainable design practices and the knowledge to implement necessary documentation needed to obtain LEED certification. A project manager experienced with direct client involvement, consultant coordination and planning specific to laboratory design, equipment planning, and regulatory requirements for large projects while taking a lead design position on smaller projects. Adept in Business Development and Client Management needed to keep and maintain vital business relationships. An effective leader who manages staff and collaborates with consultants to reach project objectives.
JWM Architectural Services, Oviedo, Florida, CEO/Business Owner
• Established new consulting practice to assist architectural firms, construction companies and engineering firms with extra architectural staffing needs in various tasks such as drafting, design, marketing proposal preparation and code research.
• Prepared marketing proposals for a leading Orlando architectural firm for a large master planning project which got the firm selected as one of 5 on the short list out of a field over nearly 100 applicants.
• Architect of Record for small projects. Assisted structural engineering firm to restore a fire-damaged shopping center and bring it up to current building codes. Modernized a 1930’s house by opening the kitchen and adjacent lanai to allow views from the front lake views to the back patio.
• Assisting Real Estate and Property Managers with administrative tasks, design consultation and property observations.
Associated Consulting International (ACi), Winter Park, Florida, Project Manager/Laboratory Planner
• Science facility design consultant for a small architectural firm who needed assistance for a large 300,000 GSF commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. Developed custom cabinetry design that required collaboration with casework manufacturers to integrate new materials into current prototypes. Pharmaceutical lab and manufacturing plant needed to meet FDA and EU standards and required extensive design and collaboration with consultants.
• Business development manager for growing science and technology practice. Developed innovative brochures, and responsible for the content of proposal preparation packages which had a 75% shortlist rate, meaning that 75% of the time the firm was called back for a final interview.
• Project Manager and Project Architect for various smaller renovation projects including Amusement Park Expansion, College Dormitory Universal Accessibility Renovation, and an ISO Class 5 Laser Laboratory Renovation.
HuntonBrady Architects, Orlando, Florida, Project Manager
• Project Manager and primary architectural firm representative to the client. Managed a project to build a new biomedical sciences building for a major Florida university with an overall construction cost of $75 million, and responsible for over $5 million in fees. Responsible for project scheduling, consultant coordination, quality control, staff management and construction administration. Project won awards for leading edge design, featured in trade magazines and trade show presentations and was LEED Gold Certified.
• Created company LEED Sustainability guidelines for firm project managers to identify opportunities to incorporate LEED design principles into projects more easily by utilizing a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet allowing them to quickly calculate points and develop alternatives to clients. Assisted clients in understanding LEED Building Certification and the documentation required.
• Project Manager and architectural firm representative for a hospital Obstetrics Suite renovation approximately 10,000 SF in size and $1 million in project cost. Developed the architectural design, coordinated with engineering consultants, assisted with project budget controls and ran state agency health organization inspections. Responsible for the design project from initial planning through to construction administration. Project Manager and Project Architect for a variety of smaller hospital, pharmaceutical and laboratory renovation and construction projects.
BRPH Companies, Melbourne, Florida, Project Architect
• Responsible for the development of construction documents and construction administration for two identical 160,000 GSF middle school campuses located near Fort Myers, Florida.
• Conducted meetings with clients to design and develop design build documentation for various facilities and structures, including fire stations, theme park pavilions, hazardous gas facilities and municipal infrastructures.
• Managed Construction Administration activities, including the review and documentation of construction submittals, field observations, final observation documentation, and processing change proposals.
Flad Architects, Madison, Wisconsin, Project Architect/Laboratory Planner
• Assigned to a variety of projects and capacities, ranging from programming to construction administration.
• Project Manager and Technical Writer, establishing corporate safety guidelines in laboratory planning and design of future research facilities. Project Architect, responsible for the management of a design team for major pharmaceutical and industrial clients in a variety of sites throughout the United States. Vivarium Planner for a Regional Biocontainment Laboratory (RBL) focusing on biodefense and bioterrorism. Programmer and Planner for a proposed 200,000 GSF research facility and pilot plant.
Kling Stubbins (Jacobs), Washington, DC, Project Architect/Laboratory Planner
• Worked directly with clients to develop preliminary building programs and to establish design criteria necessary in addition to performing the tasks of a Project Architect. Responsible for the development of macroprogramming documents for a 140,000 GSF government research facility that focused on the evaluation and research of devices and their interaction with the human body.
• Creating standardized questionnaires, coordinating CAD files with macroprogramming and microprogramming requirements.
Developed work plans that established the manpower, budget and schedule of various projects ranging from $100,000 to $1.5 million in architectural fees.
• Managed Construction Administration activities, including the review and documentation of construction submittals, field observations, final observation documentation, and processing change proposals. Supervised small projects as needed to aid the Project Management team.
HDR Inc., Alexandria, VA, Project Architect
• Project Architect with research and healthcare facility focus. Facility types include Animal facilities, BSL3 lab suites, NMR suites, radio-frequency shielding suites, auditoriums, cleanrooms, cGMP facilities, federal courthouses, communication facilities for distance learning, NICU, OR, ER, Nursing Stations, Examination Suites, Class 100 cleanrooms, darkrooms, semiconductor manufacturing suites and data processing centers.
• Designed independent project web site used for construction management, project promotion and client move coordination.
• Conducted design meetings with the client and developed Design Development documents. Created construction documentation, in both Microstation and Autocad. Designed details for construction documents.
Edited construction specifications. Directed construction administration. Administered CAD tests and conducting interviews for future hires and temporary staff. Participated in inter-office groups to help increase productivity, represented employee needs and mentored junior staff.
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, US, BArch, Architecture and Structural Engineering
5 year Bachelor of Architecture Degree required for both Architectural and Structural Engineering Licensing.