I am presently exploring opportunities towards which my extensive experience in managing successful commercial and residential development projects would be an asset.
I am passionate about architecture, urban planning and land use development and my managers describe me as highly enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated and team-oriented. My strong interpersonal skills and leadership experience underscore my ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of your organization. My expertise includes managing multiple projects with high attention to detail, providing thorough analysis and recommendations, effective public speaking and technical writing skills, excellent collaboration and communication with all levels of public and private organizations and strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
New York City Department of City Planning, New York, NY, US, City Planner, Manhattan Borough Office
• Lead Project Manager for Inwood Neighborhood Rezoning. Developed planning zoning framework, study and recommendations; prepared technical analyses; coordinated interagency review; managed environmental consultant.
• Manage projects subject to the City’s Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) and NYC Zoning Resolution.
• Clearly coordinate with technical divisions of DCP, other agencies, community boards, elected officials and the public. Identify policy opportunities and hurdles to ensure planning efforts are consistent with agency policy.
• Organize and prepare written and graphic materials for presentations to the City Planning Commission, department staff, community boards, elected officials and public agencies.
• Manhattan Community Board Liaison and represent the department at community board and other meetings to gather information and convey the department’s positions on neighborhood planning issues.
• Provide technical assistance to applicants of zoning actions; interact and coordinate with other agency representatives on department studies, projects and land use applications.
New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD), New York, NY, US, Inclusionary Housing Project Manager
• Restructured and streamlined the Inclusionary Housing application process to improve program efficiency.
• Managed real estate transactions and explained program requirements to private developers.
• Worked closely with other HPD divisions and finance programs to structure complex real estate deals.
• Conducted financial/zoning analysis, reviewed underwriting, legal documents, and drafted program documents.
• Reviewed and approved marketing plans in accordance with HPD guidelines and regulatory agreements.
• Worked on projects within the 421a Affordable (Certificate) Program and played a lead role in the issuance and reissuance of Inclusionary Housing Certificates and reissuance of 421a Negotiable Certificates.
Super Soccer Stars, New York, NY, US, Soccer Coach
• Develop well-written lessons plans to include skill-building exercises.
• Coach and lead classes that are age-appropriate and progressive.
• Formulate strategies and creative techniques to involve a diverse range of soccer skill levels.
City of Dublin, Dublin, CA, US, Assistant City Planner
• Processed various planning applications including Conditional Use Permits, Site Development Review Permits, Planned Development Amendments, Zoning Amendments, General Plan Amendments and map changes.
• Formulated recommendations and make presentations before the City Council and Planning Commission.
• Provided excellent public counter assistance and responded to inquiries from applicants, the general public and outside governmental agencies in both verbal and written forms.
• Interpreted and applied pertinent land use laws and zoning regulations and prepared various entitlement reports and correspondence in reviewing building and landscape plans, site development review and architectural design review permits.
• Conducted field investigations, performed research, compiled and analyzed data related to land use planning.
• Demonstrated quantitative analysis in parking and traffic studies to sustain new business development.
• Created and developed brochures to assist local business owners, developers and residents with permitting processes.
• Conducted environmental review on applications subject to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
City of Fremont, Fremont, CA, US, City Planning Intern
• Assisted with research and prepared reports for the City’s General Plan update to include demographic and population trends, transportation, utilities and infrastructure, public facilities, educational facilities, urban design, and sustainability.
• Served as support to City staff during Community Outreach meetings for the General Plan Update and effectively communicated with citizens to assist them in understanding the General Plan Update process.
• Contributed and developed outreaching strategies to encourage citizen involvement and input during the General Plan Update.
• Proven leadership abilities by directing small and large groups, resulting in increased group unity, involvement and teamwork.
• Designed and drafted potential street realignments to accommodate future housing development.
• Provided quantitative analysis and projections related to the City’s traffic analysis zones.
California State University, East Bay, Hayward, CA, US, Masters in Public Administration
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, US, Bachelors, Urban Studies