As a graduate from Philadelphia University, I am an architecture professional seeking a firm that will challenge me, allow me to grow, teach me, and provide assistance in my goal of IDP completion and Registration.
During my collegiate education, I developed skills not only in technical, graphical, and design areas, but also the ability to be part of a team and successfully finish projects. Teamwork and collaboration was a major focus of the curriculum at PhilaU.
Introduced to Autodesk Revit early in high school, I have had the unique opportunity to gain an extensive knowledge base of the program. Through PhilaU's AIAS, I gave tutorials teaching other students how to use Revit. My experience gave me the reputation of being the "go to guy" in studio whenever other students encountered issues. I understand how to harness the power and capability of Revit without letting Revit design the building, or by getting into a "Revit Rut".
My professional experience both on campus and off has allowed me to gain a well-rounded understanding of the building profession. During my years at PhilaU's Fabrication and Laser Labs, I used my problem solving skills to effectively solve challenging model building situations students would encounter. As an individual who spent time on active construction sites, I witnessed a dynamic that many other students never see, the actual building process. Several of the jobsites I was involved in were both Union and Non-Union, allowing me to be part of a challenging team environment.
I am a hardworking, industrious, and detail oriented individual who takes extreme pride in all of my work. A culmination of formal education, construction site experience, apprenticeship with a master model builder, and expertise with Revit, I confidently believe that I can become a positive addition and asset.
Antunovich Associates, Arlington, VA, US, Architectural Intern
Bowie Gridley Architects, Washington, DC, US, BIM Manager
Bowie Gridley Architects, Washington, DC, US, Architectural Intern
Sears Holdings Corporation, North Wales, PA, US, Tool Consultant
• Promote tool sales by examining the situation to provide the best solution benefiting both the customer and the company
• Search and cross reference several inventory systems for merchandise and parts
• Communicate with prospective sales leads and post-sale customers to provide excellent customer relations
Philadelphia University Laser Lab, Philadelphia, PA, US, Lab Technician
• Operated Philadelphia University's Universal Laser Systems Laser for students to produce assorted architectural models
• Maintained the machine by cleaning the lense, belts, bottom tray
• Advised students towards materiality choices for models and outlined best cutting procedures and laser settings
• Set up AutoCAD and Illustrator files for proper and efficient laser results
Philadelphia University Fabrication Lab, Philadelphia, PA, US, Monitor / Teaching Assistant
• Supervised the Fabrication Lab during my designated hours, typically 5-10 students daily, up to 40 students during critique times
• Provide assistance to students throughout the model making process when they encounter difficult challenges
• Performed routine maintenance of all the major power tools and hand tools, both wood and metal
• Able to demonstrate proper operation on shop tools, including: table saw, band saw, scroll saw, chop/miter saw, model maker saw, drill press, disc sander, belt sander, spindle drum sander, router, jig saw, hand sanders, metal brake, metal roller, metal band saw, bench grinder, assorted hand tools
Philadelphia University Physical Plant, Philadelphia, PA, US, Summer Paint Crew
• Collaborated with a team to paint every dormitory on campus
• Executed daily tasks with effeciency to meet strict deadlines
Ward Communications, Harrisburg, PA, US, Tech Assistant
• Installed fiber optic cable, ethernet, and coaxial cable; terminating both ends and verified to ensure proper installation
• Worked at different construction sites on a team allowing my communication and organizational skills to improve productivity
• Interacted with union and non-union workers to achieve our common task
• Job sites include Penn State University, Kutztown University, Muhlenberg Middle School, and Schuylkill Valley Middle School
• Primary jobsites finished on time and under-budget
Rexford A. Crockett Plumbing, North Haven, ME, US, Plumbing Assistant
• Used construction documents on new custom residential projects to install hot, cold, and wastewater systems
• Attended to emergency plumbing housecalls throughout the day
• Delivered 23 gallon propane tanks to residents of the island
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA, BArch, School of Architecture and the Built Environment
Philadelphia University, a NAAB accredited institution, prepared me by offering coursework incorporating technical, design, and graphical foundations needed for a successful entry into a professional architecture role. I pursued a concentration in Visualizations and Multimedia. This minor allowed me to excercise graphical presentation skills in multiple levels: from generating clear diagrams and images to composing elements and text into effective presentations.